• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Vector Sonic Beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a bunch of Vectrex games inspired me to make this. This mod in progress replaces tiles and sprites with more retro vector graphic stuff. :) This mod also has music from the Sonic Advance games and the game Tempest 2000. Thats why its so big in size. :P My zippy program only took away like .8mb so your left with 29Mb of doom. :( I'll fix that later or something.... I will give you screens because i'm that nice. :mrgreen:
Vector1.png

Vector2.png

Vector3.png

Download Beta 1 | 29 evil Megabytes: http://akira.sepwich.com/Vector.zip

BSZ is better anyhow. :3

Doesn't look like it does OpenGL any favors, though. At least not with anything more than Linear filtering.

The Sky could be vectorised too, and you can use S_START and S_END tags to change Sonic's, Tails's and Knuckles's sprites if you want to.

Also, please rename the wad to something else. Vector The Alligator character wads exist, you know.

And lastly, can you edit some of the tunes so their volume is more evened out? The boss music nearly deafened me.

I'll Begin said:
The Sky could be vectorised too, and you can use S_START and S_END tags to change Sonic's, Tails's and Knuckles's sprites if you want to.

Also, please rename the wad to something else. Vector The Alligator character wads exist, you know.

And lastly, can you edit some of the tunes so their volume is more evened out? The boss music nearly deafened me.
Yeah the volume seems to be a real issue. Know anyway that I can fix that? I'll rename it for the next Beta which will be out in a few days. :D

Mind if I use that wall texture in VF?

Anyways, reminds me of that one world in KH2.

It's nice and all. 7/10

Wow, Matrix SRB2 *killed*.

The music reminds me of my old and pointless music wad Advance2.
heheheh

I like the textures, More "vectorized" (Ive never played vector) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back