[Open Assets] Metal Sonic Done Right

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just put it this way: I don't play with custom characters to look at their sprites, I do it to play as a different character. While pretty sprites are very much appreciated, unique gameplay is much more important. So basically unless you change the ability I feel no drive to play as this character instead of Sonic.

And the jump sound just sucks.

Let's just put it this way: I don't play with custom characters to look at their sprites, I do it to play as a different character. While pretty sprites are very much appreciated, unique gameplay is much more important. So basically unless you change the ability I feel no drive to play as this character instead of Sonic.

And the jump sound just sucks.

Funny, my thoughts are opposite. I honestly don't give a flying fuck about "unique gameplay" when it comes to character wads. It all boils down to the spritework for me.

I would rather the thok stayed. Blade's version already has a double jump, no ability isn't an option, and all the other abilities just sound stupid. It's not like it's heresy or anything in this case- after all, the character is Metal SONIC.

Also, I really don't have any problem with the jump sound. I'd rather have that than nothing.

As with anything else in games, characters are about artistic and gameplay content. I haven't played the wad yet, but it's nice to see Metal Sonic's default sprites given some aesthetic justice. Even if he plays just the same as Sonic, I figure it's excusable just because of the prospect of "Sonic vs Metal Sonic" in races. It wouldn't hurt to give him some minor alterations, though. Hell, maybe make him closer to how he was in Sonic R; higher stats, no spindash. Is runonwater still in SRB2?

Super and Swim only, you mean.

I'm speaking from the perspective of someone who has made tons of fancharacter wads for himself and his friends, and I can safely say that Metal Sonic shouldn't be a double jump character. It doesn't fit how he's supposed to be a "copy" of Sonic. Give him more acceleration than Sonic, and a less powerful thok. Maybe 55?

I kinda agree with Neo Chaotikal about unique gameplay and I also like GigaX idea, that would make Metal Sonic different from Sonic

Played the wad. I think I have to agree with whoever said to scrap the jump sound. Just doesn't seem right to hear it every time I jump.

Alright, so faster with less powerful thok and removal of the thok noise is done. Now, one more time, what else? I don't wanna have to keep updating the link and whatnot.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I haven't updated the link, so don't start redownloading expecting the thok noise to be gone yet.

Last edited:
Erm......MetsonColor? What is that? The original fix? Or a new version? (Yes, i know the download link hasn't been updated.)

Updated the download to no longer have the jump noise and have the stat changes.

Last edited:
Senku, I think by the slow fall the silver has you mean swimming. I got a silver and when I use his ability inside water he swims up... And if he gets out of water using that way its like a super jump (I love the super jump thingy ^.^). Also, the Senku you made has a wall jump? Never figured that out... How do i make it work?

Senku, I think by the slow fall the silver has you mean swimming. I got a silver and when I use his ability inside water he swims up... And if he gets out of water using that way its like a super jump (I love the super jump thingy ^.^). Also, the Senku you made has a wall jump? Never figured that out... How do i make it work?

*Sigh* I have a feeling I'm the one responsible for this new Silver getting out... His ability is just a weak auto-fly. The water blasting is just a bonus. I had made him around the time 2.0 came out because nobody had ported him to 2.0 yet. And I gave him the new ability because it was something relatively "original". When I finally released him, alongside an updated Shadow, the topic was quickly removed due to the fact I completely and utterly forgot to actually ask permission for the sprites first. *Depression* And now, of course, it's coming back full-circle just to bite me in the ass.

I hope I'm not bumping. It's only been a week after all, and I figured at least someone would want to know who was responsible for that WAD...

I have a small complaint.

Comparison.png

IMO, to be more like the original, his hurt sprite's head should be a bit more triangular.

Other than that, it's great.

I'm not trying to be like the original, I'm trying to be more like the SSN Style.

It looked weird to me too when I first saw it, but I knew I simply had to get used to it.

I stunk at spriting his head, since I was still a newbie at it. What I ended up doing was taking a screenshot of Sonic Adventure DX and recolor that.

I've always wanted to edit a Metal Sonic model to look like SSN's Metal, but I've never had the time. If that was ever done, then I can easily rotate the head and take a near-perfect head angle that would look as if AJ did it himself.

But, you know. Chrispy's is perfect as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back