3D Modeled Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you mean in general, or for SRB2?

If you mean in general, then I am sure you can find many tutorials online through Google. If you mean for SRB2, then I am afraid that you can no longer put MD2 models in the official SRB2 2.0 builds.

If you wanted to make MD2 models for the old version, then you can try looking here. We don't officially support that version anymore, so you might have a hard time finding help on that.

OK, I followed all the instructions (And yes, I am in 1.09.4, if that's what you mean by "the old version"), and I'm typing GR_MD2 ON in the console, but it's not working. Is it a typo in the site? Is it GL_MD2 ON?

I don't have OpenGL. Can you give me a link...? (If it's not automatically installed with 1.09.4.)

Um, do you have the launcher? If you do, ALL you need to do is open it, then click main options and check OpenGL Mode.
If not, then there is a console command for it.
And OpenGL is already on Srb2.

Last edited:
What's the console command?
And no, I couldn't find the launcher anywhere in my computer.

Um, do you have the launcher? If you do, ALL you need to do is open it, then click main options and check OpenGL Mode.
If not, then there is a console command for it.
And OpenGL is already on Srb2.
No, it isn't. How long has it been since you played SRB2? OpenGL was removed from the main game, and the launcher doesn't work properly for 2.0. You need to download the port, and then create a batch file which states the name of the SRB2 program you want to execute, and has "-opengl" on the end.

the launcher doesn't work properly for 2.0.

What are you talking about? The launcher works fine. Just because it doesn't activate the non existing OpenGL in the official exe doesn't mean the launcher won't work for other things.

Just to let you know, the SRB2 2.0 OpenGL port has a bunch of issues like not displaying ERZ2 lasers correctly. It really isn't worth it if you just want to play the game with models.

No, it isn't. How long has it been since you played SRB2? OpenGL was removed from the main game, and the launcher doesn't work properly for 2.0. You need to download the port, and then create a batch file which states the name of the SRB2 program you want to execute, and has "-opengl" on the end.

I was talking about 1.09.4 fawfulfan. Did you not read the part that said:
(If it's not automatically installed with 1.09.4.)

Last edited:
Can there be more than one line of text in md2.dat?
If so, can you make enemies with md2 models?
Also, what's up with "Highcolor" mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back