SRB2CB - Community Build (Final 1.09.4 Version!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use Google. And try to keep it civilized, koopadawg. You may be 14, but you're old enough to know that people in this forum don't talk like that. They hide it in some way instead.

Xcode is most likely the type of programming code that Mac computers use. You make that code to build programs and games.

Once you finish coding something, you compile it. Compile is when the program you are using takes the code you made or took and turns it into the actual program. So compiling the SRB2 Source Code makes SRB2 itself.

VMware isn't free. Virtualbox however is and works just as great as VMware. I am glad I changed to it honestly.

VMware may be free, but last I checked, it's a trial. As Sonict stated, Virtualbox is a very good alternative to VMware, and is totally free.

Update:
srb20043.png

srb20044.png

We support balloons in the current unreleased version, random feature yes, still looking for more feature requests.

It's quite fun actually, you can bounce and pop every single one of those balloons, they can come from a never ending fountain stream if you want them to.

They're just like a spring that floats up in the air, complete with custom popping noises and sprites.

All of this is hard coded so it works as best as it can, of course.

And no, it does not lag.

Hmm, just like in Carnival Night Zone with the balloons. Balloons could be used in a sweet carnival level.

When you go Super, could you make the balloons Super Sonic colored like in Sonic 3?

The reason the balloons went SuperSonic coloured is because Sonic and the blue balloons shared the same palette. The palette changed for Sonic when he went Super, thus changing all others using the colours. Check the flickies when you pop a badnik.

Also, I can see from that screen that you could quite possibly use it as a never ending rising gimmick. :P

Rukario said:
The reason the balloons went SuperSonic coloured is because Sonic and the blue balloons shared the same palette. The palette changed for Sonic when he went Super, thus changing all others using the colours. Check the flickies when you pop a badnik.

Also, I can see from that screen that you could quite possibly use it as a never ending rising gimmick. :P

It was the same way with Super Knux and the red balloons and, I think, Super Tails and the yellows.

New Release:

Changelog -

NOTE: THIS MAY BE COMPLETELY STABLE IN NETGAMES OR CONSFAIL ON 2D SWITCHING, I NEED SOMEONE TO CONFIRM THAT IT WORKS

So yeah, final release of SRB2CB, by me anyway, hopefully it's completely stable, it certainly won't crash anymore than normal srb2, the only thing I'm unsure of is 2D in netgames...

+Springs can float by adding springfloat = 1 to a map header - only reason you have to put something in a map editor is to preserve compatibility with maps that didn't intend to use this feature

+Balloons, springing particles and fountains for both

+New carnival bumper thingy, thing type 102, with a strange sprite too! :P

+New transparent platform FOF

+particle code correction

+Default 2D speed is increased

+Fixed major netcode stability bug with match mode

+New disable character ability sector effect allows the character to not use their special ability

+Particles are much more optimized

-----

Download:

Source Code (Not needed to use SRB2CB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwmexmmu2in
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyhtt9

SRB2CB:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmidm34qoy
http://www.sendspace.com/file/mhluy0

SRB2CB Doom Builder Config:
http://www.mediafire.com/?inyxvmmyhmm
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9iv3gx

28jigrc.png

Just a small MD2 demo

Features in 1.02:

Going to fix any netgame issues
New high res program icon
new time freezing boss
other stuff

Also, SRB2CB now has a branch on the main SVN, so no source code zips will be released anymore(which makes releases SO much easier)

I still don't know who the maintainer of this is going to be, it's still me currently, though I wish other people from the community could help maintain this.......

I know the Knux is out, because I have it. I was only talking about the shield, but as you don't know when it'll be out...

My glrender won't work for Srb2CB but it does for the othe exe mods I have..any way to fix this problem anyone?

EDIT: Please do answer me...anyone?

If not already done, I think that you should set a thing in the MD2 model code where a player's model is specified by it's skin. For example:

Code:
PLAY PLAY.MD2 3.0 0.0

That's the default, right? How about...

Code:
PLAY KNUX.MD2 3.0 0.0 KNUCKLES
PLAY TAIL.MD2 3.0 0.0 TAILS

See what went on there? why don't you set it where a "PLAY" sprite set only loads a player model for a certain character (in this case KNUX.MD2 for Knuckles) if the skin of a character is specified at the end of the code line? That would work out for people who want the dynamic trio in 3D without screwing up. Also, putting "SONIC" at the end of the first code line I specified would only load the sonic model (PLAY.MD2) if the skin was SONIC, whereas added character WADS won't mistakenly have Sonic's model overlay their sprite set?

Ideas ideas. :P

And if I may add, I think it would be cool (however really annoying to program) if there could be something like this:

Code:
PLAY PLAY.DAT 3.0 0.0

and in PLAY.DAT...

Code:
PLAYA STAND.MD2 1.0 0
PLAYB--PLAYC BORD.MD2 0.5 0
PLAYD--PLAYK WALK.MD2 1.0 3
PLAYL--PLAYO SPIN.MD2 1.0 0

Let me explain what this would do. For the player model, in MD2.DAT, one would specify the game to read PLAY.DAT. Why? PLAY.DAT specifies what goes on with the character's frames. For the PLAYA (standing) frame, PLAYA.MD2 would be drawn. This way, the model could actually seem to have life, such as moving up and down, breathing, etc. For the PLAYB and PLAYC frames, those are overlayed with the boredom model. For the walking frames, those are overlapped with the walk model, etc. The "--" specifies which group of frames is replaced with a model, like the walking frames. For this, the model would continuously loop.

Now I should specify the numbers. The first set represents the speed the model is looping. 1.0 means it loops the same amount of speed the walking frames loop when one starts to walk (was it 15 tics?). 0.0 means each frame loops the same amount of time each sprite frame loops. This could be good for further customization in how a character walks.

The second number in a code line represents which frame the model starts looping. Useful if a character pushes off the ground before he/she starts walking/running.

This meethod could probably also work for other random models to make them look more accurate (like the digger enemies in 1.1's (not so) Arid Canyon Zone-- making them slowly fall froward before they dig back into the ground).

I end my wall of request here. :3 (and yes I know that the second method would require multiple models. :U)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back