Deep Sea 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday I went to the HMNS (Houston Museum of Natural Science), cool place to go, and we decided to go see Deep Sea 3D at the IMAX 3D.
Now, I used to be scared of the IMAX. I have a brain defect, and one of the side effects was that I didn't like loud and/or sudden noises (I still plug my ears at the beginning of the previews/movie), and I didn't like big, bright things. When I was 7, we went to the IMAX at the San Antonio rivercenter, and I was scared out of my wits. Now, 5 years later, we went to go see the IMAX 3D movie, Deep Sea 3D. Now, for those of you who have never seen an IMAX screen... let me put it this way. he screen at the Wortham theater is SO high, you lose it in the lights, yet it still goes about a story and a half beneath your feet.
The movie was AWESOME, purely made for IMAX 3D. The beginning with moon jellys floating around, I actually thought I was gonna get stung.
An amazing first experience. What was your first IMAX or IMAX 3D experience?

EDIT: I accidently posted this twice.

Jersey City, Liberty Science Center (before all of the crappy moneygrabbing renovations).

They have one of the world's only Imax Domes. Have you ever experienced Imax 3D, 360 degrees? It's like having the world AROUND you. It's really trippy when there are scenes where you're in first person, flying around places.

Segmint said:
Jersey City, Liberty Science Center (before all of the crappy moneygrabbing renovations).

They have one of the world's only Imax Domes. Have you ever experienced Imax 3D, 360 degrees? It's like having the world AROUND you. It's really trippy when there are scenes where you're in first person, flying around places.

Really? Dang I have to visit there sometime.

Sydney, Australia. We have an IMAX here. I think my first 3D movie (and maybe only) was about dinosaurs.

I'm planning on seeing Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix there soon. The last 20 minutes will be in IMAX 3D. I guess the whole movie might of been too much work.

SSNTails said:
I can watch Deep Sea at home for free. I can play it, too.
Seriously? Totally awesome, man. As for me....I've never watched a movie in an Imax theatre. I know. I don't know what I'm missing. It's probably one of the best experiences, isn't it?

I think he was in the second one.... The only Deep Sea retail game google turns up is Deep Sea Tycoon.

If so, is that a sly way of saying DSZ is done?

I'll Begin said:
I'm planning on seeing Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix there soon. The last 20 minutes will be in IMAX 3D. I guess the whole movie might of been too much work.
Well I just got back from seeing it. It was probably one of the best experiences in my entire life. Actually, it WAS one of the best experiences in my entire life. The 3D finale kept me on the edge of my seat and left me breathless. I felt like I was right there at Hogwarts and at the Ministry of Magic. It was awesome! IT WAS AWESOME!

I'll Begin said:
I'll Begin said:
Well I just got back from seeing it. It was probably one of the best experiences in my entire life. Actually, it WAS one of the best experiences in my entire life. The 3D finale kept me on the edge of my seat and left me breathless. I felt like I was right there at Hogwarts and at the Ministry of Magic. It was awesome! IT WAS AWESOME!

Well, that's what it does to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back