NEED HELP! SPYWARE ALERT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eidolon

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Somehow, these guys that made Dealhelper got their stupid program on my PC. It doesn't appear in any spyware removal programs, and it won't let me uninstall it because they want me to just format my harddrive!

Now their stupid DHserver downloaded a virus that constantly makes the "Out of disk space" popup to come up! EVEN IN THE MEANTIME it's happening! THIS TOOK ME 10 MINUTES TO TYPE DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, you can try to kill it by hitting control alt delete, and ending the process.

Then get a virus scanner and spyware removal tool to see if you can get rid of it.

If that fails, it's reformat time.

tried to close out with CTRL+ALT+DELETE it just came back

I am not going to reformat my PC, there is to much work on it, plus I have no Windows CD's left to install

Well, you have three options:

1. Figure out how to remove the spyware/virus. If you cannot do it yourself, you could hire professionals to do it for you.

2. Reformat the machine. You lose all your data, but it does deal with the problem almost always.

3. Buy a new computer. Almost foolproof.

:(, well I'll try to find a host to keep all my very important files... or just build up money for a new CPU. It's not like 2 of my computers have already fried, this one I know wat it is, the other, not sure, but after the windows logo, it just shows blackness for a couple seconds, then BANG, it shuts down.

But it has stopped lately :D:D:D maybe it's finally given up!

Try restarting your computer in safe mode or may be the virus (if it`S a virus) is in the Temporary Internet Files . Delet them . All the known viruses I had were in there.

how do ya start your pc in safe mode? i've done it before, but I forgot

furyhunter600 said:
how do ya start your pc in safe mode? i've done it before, but I forgot

Turn off the computer. When you turn it on, hold the F8 key until the menu appears.

I also have a spyware, but you know what's the funniest part?
I don't care about it :? !
Just because it's an old computer and it's not threatning my computer.
But i'll get rid of it...

Lemme guess, you're using Internet Explorer aren't you? the worst browser to ever use is IE, security is in the gutter, hackers can use it to install viruses and all other sorts of junk in your computer. (it's been proven, in fact.) When you do get rid of the virus, I would suggest switching browsers, preferably to Firefox. www.mozilla.org
Also a game called Gunbound has it's own virus killer built in. oddly enough, it catches more viruses on my PC than Norton Antivirus does. www.gunbound.net
one other thing you could do is get Avast Virus Cleaner. It's free, and it doesn't install spyware or any other junk. (I forget the site, just google it)

there is a new version of IE with popup blocking, virus block built in, and TRUE spyware alert popups

There is also a version of Firefox that just comes with it. All of them. Seriously, Firefox is always a good switch, it's got a much cleaner interface than IE, to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back