Sonic Boom: A new Sonic cartoon series, coming Fall 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's my criticism of the game. I honestly don't feel too bothered about it. At first sight, I didn't notice Sonic's arms were blue, but who cares about skin colored arms? Second, The game trailer gave a really promising look, 4 playable characters, a camera that works similar to Super Mario 3D world, SPEED, beautiful graphics, and Working classic abilities! Now that I learned that the developers are Big Red Button, I'd like to give this game a nickname: Super Crash Twinsanity Bros. 3D Land. I'm not trying to make this game look inferior, but I can tell how many gimmicks it's trying to use. And I'll say this is the FIRST 4 player Sonic game in the series, so i have my hopes up.

Now the TV show is really promising, I have no problems with it, other than Dr. Eggman, the egg-shaped SCIENTIST becoming buff. Since when did Eggman think about actually lifting weights (Unless he was constantly lifting tons of failed experiments back to his lab.), The humor of the show reminds me of shows like Phineas and Ferb. My criticisms for the show before then are still there. But now that I've seen some content, I can say that I'm highly looking forward to this show and I'm hoping that my criticisms before don't show up for this show. But I guess we'll find that out in the Fall.

Also, calling it now: I give it a week before some kid comes onto the SRB2 forums announcing his project to make a WAD of this...

toplel.png

new char wad coming soon.
He'll have boost and next gen skill.
.....(sorry I couldn't resist)

Not nearly NBA enough.

Your profile picture...I like it.

Also I take back on what I had said about not liking the game. It's looks good to be honest but I can't judge a book by it's cover.

toplel.png

new char wad coming soon.
He'll have boost and next gen skill.

I wouldn't mind seeing this in SRB2. Please continue spriting this even if this was a joke or not. I am actually curious on how this will turn out.

Last edited:
If it's the head you're looking at, he took that from the tailspickup frames.

The show and the game look amazing, in my opinion. They both might do well, but we will have to wait and see.

I think Knuckles' proportions are the most outstanding change in the whole set. Not much of a fan of Knuckles, but I did get a good laugh out of a tiny marsupial smashing through large rock walls like a tank in Sonic 3&K. That surprise wouldn't be there with this Knuckles since you'd expect him to be a hulking powerhouse.

Either way, I'm honestly looking forward to this. The few scads of gameplay looked nice, and I could take the trailer for the cartoon seriously. Definitely great for the demographic they're shooting for.

Also, Amy is adorable as always. I'm hoping she's a little older this time so they can drop the clingy "MARRY ME SONIC" schtick. That's the only thing about Amy that got old for me.

I can agree with the rationale behind knuckle's design, but I think they way overdid it

The humor of the show reminds me of shows like Phineas and Ferb.
At least they don't have awful thirty-second songs hashed for the sake of having one in each episode.

Anyways, my biggest concern about sonic boom is the bandages around all the characters.

Oh yeah, and this terrible position:
ku-xlarge.jpg
....seriously, why did they even

I'm not hating or anything-
I personally like the designs, All excluding the blue arms and... triangular Knuckles?

But am I the only one who thinks the trailers make it look like really poorly done fan CGI animation?
Like, It looks like it has gotten progressively WORSE.

It's a nice smooth looking texture.
And when looking closely at them, it appears they have a fur texture on them as well, But I don't know what it is...
Be it the colors or maybe the models themselves, They just do NOT look like the Sonic Team.

However, I think the only character in it I'm looking forward to is Amy.
I actually really like the Amy design they went with and at least she doesn't have pink arms.
But again, I'm sure they're gonna screw me over by using Cindy Robinson (No hate to the people who like her, I personally just cannot stomach her voice).

I mean, I personally don't think any Sonic T.V show has ever been THAT good.
Sonic X was... Creative...
Sonic Underground was alright...
Sonic SatAM was alright too...
But none of them really stood out to me.
So I'm not really looking for much from this show.

The game looks... creative as well...
I think I'm most curious as to how the mechanics will work out?
Sonic will obviously be Speed, Knuckles will most likely be Power, Tails will be Flight-
What role will Amy play? She appears to use her hammer to kind of... swing around on things.
I'm wondering if Amy will gain a new mechanic to the game, Maybe making her a stealth-y character or make her a more agile character.
I'm also wondering if this is going to be one of those Sonic Heroes type of game where you swap off between characters during the level.

I would like that, personally.
But this is all just my opinion.

to be fair, given what was previewed, the show actually looks pretty decent

I'm/we're giving the designs flak, but mostly because they're new. In a week or two, no one will give a shit; if the show is actually good, those discrepancies will slip into the background.

the character models on the game look hella derp, though. lol

I'm not sure where the criticisms of the show's animation are coming from. It looks like a prerendered scene from one of the games, no more, no less.

Well, I take that back. The CGI in this doesn't make Sonic's eyes look like mirrors for no reason. Other than that it basically looks the same, though.

SEGA BLOG said:
"The videogame will also introduce exploration, combat and a new Enerbeam tether mechanic that will allow the Sonic Boom world to be discovered in totally unique ways."
12335880795_c73129bb40.jpg
Why do I smell something like Sonic Heroes 2 with this?

I am really curious about what the game will offer. Also the TV trailer made me laugh with some parts like the Burn-Bot's name, and Tails failing to bail.... I don't think this is going to be bad, i'm just worried about the new generation who will not know how Sonic and his friends used to be. It just bothers me a bit.

...I'm looking forward for it.
(Fun fact: in the game's trailer, Sonic kisses the floor once again. Counter, anybody?)

tumblr_n0lukntnVv1rlrnwdo1_400.png

...And if you bothered to look around at all, you'll find other sources saying the same thing.
Because that's a productive use of my time. Either way, this is a reboot, whether they choose to continue making modern sonic games or not.
Also Knux totally reminds me of Crunch Bandicoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back