Looppoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larz T

Bool Man Larry
Judge
From my last post on this Ogg files, Im using mp3 and Winamp to make a loop point in a song I did the same directions the wiki told me to do but it still doesnt loop. Any help?

You can't loop MP3 files for Srb2. It just won't work. Try converting it to Ogg and then adding the loop-point.

You can't loop MP3 files for Srb2. It just won't work. Try converting it to Ogg and then adding the loop-point.
@.@ I forgot that. Well, I'll Begin

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

WEll, I converted it to the ogg file but somehow in some way, I cant edit the comments.

You gotta edit comments via another method. I use Winamp myself. Also, for future reference, its "LOOPPOINT=#", no spaces.

Open up the file using Winamp. In the playlist, find the music file you want to loop and right click it. In that menu find where it says 'View file info...'. Now find the Comment box and type in LOOPPOINT=(Loop point number). From here just add it into your wad and the music should loop.

Last edited:
He's not leaving you hanging because he already told you what to do. You edit the Ogg's comments within Winamp. I don't see how hard it is to understand when you already have the basic idea, which you do.

For the record, it is possible to loop MP3 files for SRB2. I've done it using Winamp and it works just fine.

For the record, it is possible to loop MP3 files for SRB2. I've done it using Winamp and it works just fine.
Using OGGs is still a much better option, though, if only for smaller filesize.

And for the record, in Winamp, I prefer to use the Advanced tab to add the looppoint. Just set the name of the variable to LOOPPOINT, and the value to whatever. It removes any possibillity of messing it up; I never got it working via the comment box.

I don't know if you're still having trouble or not, but maybe helping you out via pictures will help solve the problem for your troubles in loop points.

I use winamp as well to do loop points, so just open up your music file or drag it in your winamp player. After this you'll proceed to editing it's comments (That's where you place LOOPPOINT=*)

- Make sure Playlist Editor is checked, so you can.. Edit the music file.
89047696.png

- Right-click the music file you want to edit and select View file info...
86678560.png

- It should open up something like this. Under Comments in the Basic Info tab that is where you should place your "LOOPPOINT=*"
89320221.png

I don't know what you guys have been doing, but that's how I've been doing it. And the music files are OGG format.

WEll, Winamp wont let me edit oggs. I had followed Hinote's steps but for the file info, all I can edit is format info. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back