Camo-Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

zck2020

This character it meant purely to enhance the enjoyment of net games. This is basically Sonic, who blends in with the environment when you're in different sprite states. For example, when Camo-Sonic goes into his bordome frames, he looks like a regular orange flower. When testing this in net games, it has proven to be popular, as well as fun. Kind of like hide 'n seek and match are blended in to the same thing. And so as not to make this over-powered, the walking & running sprites are the same. Download link:

http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=ff817f99cde90d619b68607a7e61f9a3

Screenies:

srb20008iv8.png

This is very fun to use in match.

when in a match.. on certain levels it makes you such a obvious target
this obviously fails and is why no one has done it

This actually might make hide and seek somewhat worth hosting.

Good enough that I have an idea for this:

Make camo characters specific to certain themes and recolor them to fit. Examples:

Grass Camo Sonic:
Recolored frames in green military-style camo.
Boredom frames are some kind of flower.

Ice Camo Sonic
Recolored frames in blue/white military-style camo.
Turn into a snowman for boredom frames.

Etc.

Oh, also do a generic camo, in which all you can see is a very faint outline, but when you move, the outline ripples a little, making it easier to see.

Jazz said:
Ice Camo Sonic
Recolored frames in blue/white military-style camo.
Turn into a snowman for boredom frames.

I guess it is true, great minds do think alike.

I am actually in the process of making the same exact camo sonic wad you just described.

I think that this is a very interesting concept. Though, I'd stick to making it so that only the two bored frames would display a scenery object, myself. I really want to try this in a netgame, though.

Heh, I thought of this idea a long time ago, never quite got around to it, though. Personally, I would have suggested a bush. Maybe that's just me.

You should be a Red Ring or something when you spin. Or like be a Ring when you run or something.

Slash said:
when in a match.. on certain levels it makes you such a obvious target
this obviously fails and is why no one has done it
no u

Dammit, pretty nice idea. Now make a box item camo. Somebody's coming toward you to pick you up and BAM, you hit it. >_> <_<
EDIT: Already done with spin sprites.

I'll make more camo-characters. Tails, Knuckles, & Sonic will be my main camo characters. I'll also make different types of camoflauges. ^_~

I'll also post them as a character pack. *goes to work on camo character pack*

mailmanbam said:
i know a good camo wad an ant just do a dot lol i would make 1 if i knew how to make wads but its to complecated

You know a good WAD? Really? Make one and let us know how awesome it is. ;D

The flower is a good idea for some stages. I only think that either a bush, since that is large enough to cover most of Sonic, or a non-moving ring, would be a bit better. The ring would also fit anywhere, but still not be overpowered as long as people take it a bit slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back