Official Time Attack Records (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my tests the bridge ended up slightly slower. I seriously messed those tests up.

Anyway, I'm adding a "Date" column to the Wiki article's table. Why? Some records are broken sooner and others later. When a member of the community feels that there is a record that needs to be broken, and feels like doing so, (s)he can just sort the table by the Date field and check out what is the oldest record.
Now, this change to the table is going to be painful. I'll have to search trough each page and find out when it was posted...
I'll probably finish in an hour or so, if my crappy Internet allows me to.

Ok, I finally added all the dates to the Official Time Attack Records page.
Whew... It took a long while, but it's done now. The only format possible was yyyy, mm, dd. Other formats weren't sorted by the wikitable.

When I was filling the table, gregory_house made an edit, and there was a editing conflict. I had one of those once before, while editing an article somewhere else, but I had no problem solving it. This time, however, things got a bit confusing, but the table has both my dates addition and gregory's time addition now.

Now how about that pizza, tailsmastermind? Using the orderpizza command would be a GREAT thing to do now. =D

By the way, I added a small Trivia section to the page. It currently has one curiosity, but it's incomplete. We need someone to calculate in how much time the game can be completed with the current world records. I tried doing it some days ago, but with no avail. At first I was undecided as to which tool to use to calculate such a thing. Then, I resorted to Excel, but it just ended in failure due to Excel not knowing what a centisecond is (Excel is from Micro$oft, so I REALLY expected that before I started).

I just thought I'd mention this:

Apparently Speed Demos Archive has started accepting speed runs for freeware video games. Someone here should record a single-segment speed run of the game and send it in.

Can it be spliced together? Like just using each time attack video after another? Or do they want straight forward runs?

Can it be spliced together? Like just using each time attack video after another? Or do they want straight forward runs?

I imagine they're going to want a full-game run first before they put up individual level times. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how that works. They have a forum, you could probably ask them.

Here's Sonic 2's page on their website if you want a sample of how they do things: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Sonic2.html

Last edited:
SDA allows both full game and individual level runs, but with a catch: Runs for ALL the individual levels must be submitted before the section is opened.
[url=http://speeddemosarchive.com/lang/rules_en.html]SDA Rules[/url] said:
For some games, it makes sense to track times for individual levels (IL). If your game qualifies (ask if you're unsure), you may submit as many individual-levels runs as you like. However, if the game does not currently have any IL runs, then all of the levels must be completed before any of the runs can be submitted. Note that you do not have to finish all of the IL runs by yourself. In fact, it is common for a group of people to work together to complete a full set of IL runs.

In the context of this game, I'd wager you can submit single segment runs (non-stop from start to finish) for the any% and 100% category (categories whose definition is arbitrary depending on the game in question; all emeralds would probably be the requisite in this case), as well as individual runs from the time attack menu. Segmented runs don't make a lot of sense given the nature of the save system (automatic).

I'll make a topic on the forums if nobody else does.

FF, what I meant was I had a video non stop from start to finish of me just showing each of the time attack runs I have. Each time would come immediately after the other, possibly deleting the time attack page to lessen time.

The only thing I can think to add would be saying something about the NiGHTS stage, at least a little bit.

And I don't think you mentioned the game is still unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back