255 people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacker

Metallic
I was looking through the servers, when I noticed this...(ignore the dark assembly-its in normal, but I just arrow spammed while loading. :/)
CM03No9.png

How does he have 255 max players? I mean, I know it's a hack, but, how does this not c-fail everyone...?

It can only hold 32 people, but I'm guessing it's "Hacked/Cracked" to look like it has 255 slots.

There is a way to do a lot of things on srb2 like that, just don't know how.

He uses a hacking program to hack into the Srb2 netgame things. The owner of the Hacked and Cracked server also used the hacking software to make himself super with a combination of all shields and unlimited ammo. It also LAGS the server EXTREMELY!!! As far as I know, he can only use his hacks on Meadow Match Zone.

He is not hacking, He just using Cheat Engine to do commands that you can't normally do in game. Think of it like a Game shark, or Action Replay for example.

I already saw that. I saw a lot of thing it finds strange there as panels of weapons 999, rings moving for there and for here, crazy monitors and there were people playing with him. Do I only think he should be banished, or is hack allowed?

It's 'allowed' in the sense that anybody who joins his game will get kicked for consistency failure. You can't hack much in a netgame (a 'feature' of the current netcode?)

Funny enough, the consistency restoration code lets servers do a lot of silly things if they really want to -- they could send packets to tell players they're at the other side of the map and the clients will just shrug their shoulders and agree with it. Since the one who would be kicking the players for failing consistency is the server, if you disable that...

Though, setting the player limit to 255 is utterly meaningless, as the game still can't support more than 32 simultaneous nodes.

Also, for the people who keep reporting this server for "Hacking", stop doing it. The reports for "Hacking" are for clients disrupting the gameplay against the will of the server host. A server host dicking around on his own server is not an objectionable action. It would better fit in the Casual room, to be honest; but until 2.1 comes out I am not enforcing room overrides anymore.

(If you're wondering why: The way 2.0's hosting and joining menus are set up makes hosting in anything that is not the first visible room a complete waste of time, because rarely ever does anyone actually change the room setting. This is why the OLDC room stopped existing long before the OLDC itself died; many people didn't realize the room even existed due to the failure of 2.0's menu system... and as such it was better to host OLDC wads in Standard anyway.

The structure of the menu in 2.1 demands that you look at the room list when either hosting or joining, and allows us to also make room names appear in special colors to make them stand out.

Also, the default <Offline Mode> accomplishes the same task the separate LAN menu used to accomplish, but it isn't completely broken. Just in case anyone cared.)

犬夜叉;739777 said:
The structure of the menu in 2.1 demands that you look at the room list when either hosting or joining, and allows us to also make room names appear in special colors to make them stand out.

Also, the default <Offline Mode> accomplishes the same task the separate LAN menu used to accomplish, but it isn't completely broken. Just in case anyone cared.)

I found good to place things of the 2.1 here.

Do you want then to say that is not missed to do stupid hack? Even if not, I find very better to play the original game instead of changing the code, because the game has commands "setring" "setlives" very well and even commands " binds " for that.

The "Hacked/Cracked" Server

I am thinking he is used any cheat program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back