[Open Assets] MT_DesertMatch-v2.wad

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoniKlos

*Insert whacky title here*
Hi, this is version two of my map that I have based on Meadow Match Zone. It is called (for those who cannot figure out the name) Desert Match Zone. As you can (see below) see, there is a resemblance to the level. I have made this for no particular reason and I hope everyone enjoys it!

Changes:
V2:
Added many areas to the map. Removed small room. Added a few things.

Please give me feedback on what you want me to change or fix and I will do it as soon as possible! I admire all constructive criticism including the hasty ones.

For some reason, things did not show up in the screenshots...

Attachments

• MT_DesertMatch-v2.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 450
  • srb20010.png
    srb20010.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 393
  • srb20007.png
    srb20007.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 403
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 1,001
  • srb20009.png
    srb20009.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Okay, the new version is definitely different enough from the original Meadow Match, and thus acceptable. I do recommend reading through this article though, especially regarding the monitor placement. The colormap for the water is also too strong.

Oh, wow, I never used Level Design 101. But I see that it is helpful. Thank you.
Oh, yes, I'm very sorry for blaming the judges on my map not being moved, but I see the reason now. It's too much like an srb2 map. I didn't know that was a rule or something.

Last edited:
This is not a Meadow Match reskin, even if the floating platform is obviously copied from it. Aside from that, it's very different. You could argue that the layout is similar, but honestly, it's only similar in that both contain only one room and a lake.

This level is ok. 3/10

It needs more details, like cacti and tumbleweeds.
Another thing it needs is rings.. Lots and lots of rings. (auto is useless)
The only rings I saw where ones near ammo and weapons.
There should be clusters of rings along the map in a lot more places.
I didn't notice any emmy spawn points. (remember there should be more than 25!)
Last there are too many swm monitors and not enough 10 rings monitors.
(Elec shield owns your level)

It really looks like Arid Canyon can you have another texture along with ACZ Textures
anyway Its Pretty Good :)!

Oh, yes, I'm very sorry for blaming the judges on my map not being moved, but I see the reason now. It's too much like an srb2 map. I didn't know that was a rule or something.
That isn't really why the map wasn't moved, I think it was just forgotten about. Also, it's not necessarily a rule that you may not base maps on official maps, but if the maps are so similar that there is basically no difference, we reject the map in question. It's all a matter of merit: a small edit can be made by anyone and has no merit, but a total transformation and expansion like the one you did is acceptable.

It's a F map ( Fair, my grades are:
Worst
Bad
So-So
Fair
Good
Nice
Perfect!)

It's cool to have a "recolor" of Meadow Match, although I think it's a little bit different from it, the pond, the stones.... But Overall it's great to have another match map at my hand for my Match Server... =]

I'm gonna take over this map for SoniKlos, we use the same computer anyway. I've been mapping longer than him, just not for srb2.

SoniKlos if you want a color map be more translucent, just put a J on the place of the last number/leter.Here it is:
The colormap code of your water: #135FEA9 ------------> To be more translucent: #135FEAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back