• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(CANCELED) Sonic: Gear One

Status
Not open for further replies.
DONOTWANT_Vader.jpg

If one of us want's to add on and or attempt to fix a level can we do so? Because I'm interested in that air fortress zone.

glaber said:
If one of us want's to add on and or attempt to fix a level can we do so? Because I'm interested in that air fortress zone.
I'm sorry, but I just can't allow that. See, if I just allow these levels to be handed out and edited to people's views, everyone would forget that it was me that created them in the first place. Concept use is okay, but using my sweat and blood (Okay, maybe I exaggerate. Muscle spasms and ice cream would be more like it) to your own ends? It's like someone handing you a half-completed cartridge of Pokémon Pearl and they're giving up the right to play it themselves. What if I decide to pick up one or more of these levels and compile them into a long Zone, only to find that people have stolen all the incomplete levels; people are all calling me a thief because they think that it was the other person's work that created that section. One more thing... The style of the zone will differ vastly because only I can create WADs in my style.

EDIT: Please ignore any ambient stupidity in this post, I'm about to fall asleep at the keys here so I can't really focus on grammar and such.

Well you can make us put credit to boinciel if we want to edit it.
But what you do with it is what you do with it.

And if you'd continue it if some of us helped you with what you needed help with I'd be glad to because all this was to much for one person that doesn't get paid only gets kudos.

But if you want to end it it's your choice I can't stop you I can just make oppinions even though I'd hate to see it die.

No, editing somebody else's work sucks. Period.

Also, the only "help" I could forsee giving are bugfixes, and maybe some ideas for the levels. Just maybe.

Boinciel said:
glaber said:
I'm sorry, but I just can't allow that. See, if I just allow these levels to be handed out and edited to people's views, everyone would forget that it was me that created them in the first place. Concept use is okay, but using my sweat and blood (Okay, maybe I exaggerate. Muscle spasms and ice cream would be more like it) to your own ends? It's like someone handing you a half-completed cartridge of Pokémon Pearl and they're giving up the right to play it themselves. What if I decide to pick up one or more of these levels and compile them into a long Zone, only to find that people have stolen all the incomplete levels; people are all calling me a thief because they think that it was the other person's work that created that section. One more thing... The style of the zone will differ vastly because only I can create WADs in my style.

EDIT: Please ignore any ambient stupidity in this post, I'm about to fall asleep at the keys here so I can't really focus on grammar and such.

Well at Least I asked before attempting. So in respect of your wishes I'll leave them alone.

Re: Canned.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Boinciel said:
Mod canceled.
Kroze is going to be really dissapointed.

BOINCIEL HAS SHED HIS TITLE OF WIN AND IS NOW MADE OF ONLY FAIL!!!

Expect a visit from HIM which will only lead in YOUR DEATH if you do not continue this work immedately....

Re: Canned.

The level pack was getting too large for me to manage. Couple that with the fact that I have school, exercise, and everything else to do before I can actually work on this, and you wind up with something that's not going anywhere.

Kroze said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Boinciel said:
Mod canceled.
Kroze is going to be really disappointed.

BOINCIEL HAS SHED HIS TITLE OF WIN AND IS NOW MADE OF ONLY FAIL!!!

Expect a visit from HIM which will only lead in YOUR DEATH if you do not continue this work immediately....

Stopping this level pack doesn't mean I'm going to stop making levels. You'll just have to wait and see what I'm going to be doing. I'm going to keep on trying to improve my skills, and the improvement I've gone through is very evident. Compare Bridge Zone from when I started the pack to the level of perfection I've accomplished with Flooded Mine Zone or Forest Ruin Zone. Sure, neither of them are anywhere near complete, but they feel great to play through and look somewhat pretty at the same time. As I said, you might see Flooded Mine Zone making a reappearance in a few months.

~Carpe Diem

Well, when you finish flooded mine, could you add it on to this pack and rerelease it with the completed version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back