• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

(CANCELED) Sonic: Gear One

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only one of the orange ones in the entire level, unless you're playing on Hard Mode.

Strangly, I think one is enough. However, I was stopping to look at the level, so it's not really a big deal.

Two things:

Special Stage: Bit repetitve. Also, you have NiGHTS on, which makes playes turn around when they hit walls. Not easy for the time limit.

Boss: Well, as much as I like the old version better, it seems like the "open space, without a hole in the middle" is the only way to go when death floor is used. It's beatable now.

BlueZero4 said:
Two things:

Also, you have NiGHTS on, which makes playes turn around when they hit walls.

In the real game, the bonus level is supposed to make you bounce.
Its a bounce on springs and go over the bouncy pillars thing.

Yeah, those pillars are supposed to be bouncy. I didn't activate NiGHTS mode, I made them so. It makes it more challenging.

Bridge Zone is finished, along with the two special stages. That's 5 maps in all... So far.

Enjoy. =)

Try to find the special stage token in Act 2. There are other secrets as well... Can you find them? The hiding place of the token is most devious indeed...

Well, something I've been meaning to point out to you is your FOFs.
1) Check the shadows cast by your FOFs. Sometimes the shadows light up in a dark area.
2)The water control sector FOF either needs to have a lower-than-floor floor height, or you need to change the floor flat to match the floor. Trust me. You'll see the difference.

1. ...Crud. They keep slipping through my checks. I'll fix them up before I release the first Labyrinth demo.
2. The surface is meant to reflect onto the bottom. Ever looked at the light and dark patches on the bottom of a pool? I'm trying to simulate that here.

Now, here's a list of what I envision for the levels.

Green Hill: Basically a Greenflower Zone remake with a few more open areas. Aren't I creative? =P
Bridge: You can already see it.
Jungle: A seemingly endless (Height-wise) jungle with lots of enemies.
Labyrinth: An abandoned mine flooded by water. The passages are a bit unstable...
Scrap Brain: Your basic techno level.
Sky Base: Blue-themed techno level... IN DA SKY! REVELATIONS AHEAD!

Well, as far as that reflection idea, I wish you luck.

Currently, the level of tranparency is way too low in order to actually have the effect look realistic. Many solutions come to mind, but the only one I would really use is a new texture. But hey, I'm not even sure how to animate custom textures, so I'm not sure why I'm talking.

Labyrinth Act 1 demo. Enjoy.

Labyrinth, like its name, will be long, underwater, and *possibly* confusing. There will ALWAYS be multiple paths to the exit, and paths will merge and fluctuate. Basically I'm going for a mine version of Sunken Plant here.
Criticism/complaints about Skims/suggestions?

Sure! I'll implement them right away.

Boinciel said:
Sure! I'll implement them right away.

It would be cool that you start from the last Zone and fall in a cave or something.

It would be decorative if you put waterfalls or something in the beginning.

Labyrinth in the original game is Zone 4. I'm just doing the maps in a seemingly random order here, so it's likely that after I finish Labyrinth, I'll do Jungle Zone.

Wait, in the game, it was Green Hill, Bridge, Jungle, then Labyrinth.

Are you making them in that order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back