CTF Mangrove Manor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
This is a level that was disqualified from the Nov-Dev 09 Contest, consider it a Deleted Scene. ;)
This level is actually very big and it lags, a lot. There is no way I can fix it and if I shrink it, it will make the bases more cramped than they originally were. I will include a number of glitches in this which I have seen so far. Some may be fixed, although are really annoying, some are just SRB2 itself.
Although, I've played this in a netgame with two others, I've never encountered the crash that got this map disqualified. How unforetunate that it had to crash JUST as foxBlitz had played it. *sigh*

PICS :
Pic 1
srb20058.png

Pic 2
srb20057.png

Pic 3
srb20056.png

Pic 4
srb20059.png

This map was designed with Torgo's words of symmetry on an axis which is what this entire map is based around. Every area links to the next.

Glitches

• If you stand on your own flag, it will spam the "flag was returned to base" message. This cannot be fixed since the flag sits on an FOF and the CTF Blue/Red Team Base sector type does not work in intangible FOFs.
  • There are a few slime trails, but I've only encountered them in third person.
  • LAG. I reccomend only around 8 people play in this map maximum, it will cause a lot of lag and if there's someone with a high ping (like me), you should kick them if the player numbers rise.
Tell me about anymore glitches and I will add them to this box.

Now then, the download is in the attatchments of course, but whoever wants a mirror, here's a MediaFire one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jiiimydzvzg

I hope this goes well. And enjoy your map.

Attachments

• f_mangrovemanor.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
I am bumping this because it clearly was missed and I don't personally have time right now to deal with it. Someone needs to check this file and either accept or reject it. It's been 2 weeks for the love of god.

TORRRGOOOO

D00D64 returned the red flag to base.
The red flag has returned to base.
<~D00D64> okay
<~D00D64> game is unwinnable now
<~D00D64> I can't capture
<Roy> under
<~D00D64> because the flag can't return to the base
<Roy> lawl
<~D00D64> Torgo did NOT playtest this enough
D00D64 was hit by Roy's rail ring.
D00D64 dropped the blue flag.
Roy picked up the red flag!
<~D00D64> I shall have a few choice words for him

Really, how did this pass releases? The flag can't even return to the base! The huge size, and the super laggy giant tree are horrible, but this glitch shouldn't have made it past releases at all! Come on, surely something THIS BROKEN can't be overlooked.

Huh? Yes, I know the flag spams the message, but I thought I fixed that error when I uploaded it. Hmmm...
Does it like fall to the level below? The message spam though is from the flag never going into a base, which sucks. CTF Bases should be able to be put into FOFs, Intangible ones anyway. I'll check again about that glitch though D00D. If you're saying that the flag doesn't return to base but is on that platform, then shut up cause it is at base.

Edit: D00D, I just tested, and it works perfectly, to the standards of the actual level. The message may spam, but you can capture the flag, and it'll still be in the same place where it originally was. You should've played the early versions, you would hate the CRAP out of it. >:D

Last edited:
I believe the flag error spam is due to the fact that the flag is over an FOF, but I am unsure. Either way it still *works* as in you can return the flag to the proper place.

I said:
If you stand on your own flag, it will spam the "flag was returned to base" message. This cannot be fixed since the flag sits on an FOF and the CTF Blue/Red Team Base sector type does not work in intangible FOFs.
Does anyone read the entire first post anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back