SRB2 MD2 Is Not Functional Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I was trying to get a model like I do every day into SRB2ME. It didn't work. Then I tried to do it in the previous version. Unknown command? It usually works, but not today. Is it because the team made it not functional in other versions? Because I love rigging models and putting them in SRB2, and I was thinking about joining the biz for that reason, but I can't get it to work in either anymore! Does anyone have a suggestion?

My suggestion is: Give up on models. OpenGL is obsolete with the release of the new version, so MD2 models don't really have a point anymore.

No, theoretically, MD2 models should work, but to run them, you'll have to play the game in a now-obsolete video mode.

I don't know the answer to your problem. Sorry.

ArrowTheGizoid said:
But when I try to type "Gr_MD2 1" in the console, it says it is an unknown command.

You can only type that in in OpenGL mode. And as OpenGL mode is vaporised. Basically, there are NO MORE MD2s. D:

I heard someone was making an OpenGL thing for SRB2 though, but that'll take quite a while.

Something most of you don't seem to have noticed is that he's also trying to figure out why the previous version (that being the old 1.09.4 which DOES have OpenGL) won't run MD2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back