I can't join netgames either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

Sometimes, I get this error when starting SRB2:

SOCK_Send error sending to node 32 (255.255.255.255:5029) #1065

How can I fix this?

That's the same error I get everytime and I tryed everything and still a no go...

But the number is diffent #10049 Unknown error.

I know this error!

This is a strange error. This error comes from Srb2 trying to connect to the internet with the ports it uses, BUT, the ports happen to be in use already.

SSN says to retart your computer because this will get rid of the ports being used.

Srb2 using port 5029 -> Port not in use -> Able to host netgames, no problems
Srb2 using port 5029 -> Port in use -> CRASH! Cannot host netgames (The SOCK Send error as you call it)

Simple, Start up Srb2 and try and host a netgame.

If Srb2 crashes with that SOCK_send error, then port 5029 is currently in use and the only way to fix this is to restart your computer.
Unless you have another srb2 program running, Which I think is just plain stupid.

If Srb2 doesnt crash, then good for you! Go play with someone

Okay, thanks. What's weird is sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't, and normally I don't have to restart my computer to get it working. It just comes back online after a while.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, he has World of Warcraft Highspeed innernets.

What this means is, another program on your computer is using the port 5029 (as said). You can also use Spybot: Search and Destroy's network log thingy to see what programs are using what ports, and close out the respective programs using it instead of restarting.

I get the same thing...

I get the SOCK_send error sending to node 1, (192.168.15.2) error #10049 thing too, I need help, I don't know what's going on, Im' a beginner, and I wanna play the game with friends,but you say to reboot? I wanna know the best way that I'm sure it will help. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back