Where are all the roleplayers, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can definitely see how this game would be stuck with lame text-only rp'ing... The only real way I suppose would be for a pure genius to design massive levels with ten-thousand little gimmicks and objective features that leave people the option to goof-off in the random fun sections or work together to accomplish stuff.(Basically, a miniature mmorpg map) I seriously don't know how to pull Rping off effectively in this game but, I'm certain a mild level of it could be accomplished... especially with those hard-core RP'ers who'll do anything near about. o__0?

Probably stuck in the old srb2.servegame.org days too, after all, that domain expired.

And, you know, like always, I love making life hard for those that don't follow my rules, so anything < 2.0.4 is insta-removed from the server after 60 seconds. :)

And, you know, like always, I love making life hard for those that don't follow my rules, so anything < 2.0.4 is insta-removed from the server after 60 seconds. :)
Congrats, you just broke almost every mod.

Seriously, Cue, now you're just being stupid with the way you're running things.

犬夜叉;656217 said:
Congrats, you just broke almost every mod.

Seriously, Cue, now you're just being stupid with the way you're running things.

< 2.0.4 means 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3, not the other stuff. If the other stuff isn't updated to the 2.0 code though, it won't stay on there either due to changes in the way the MS works with SRB2.

I don't think you should have even bothered. If they're inconvenienced by this, then they could just migrate over to 2.0.4 and break the rules there.

A tad off-topic:

Frankly, I'm getting pissed off with servers that ban* you for no reason in less than 5 seconds after you have joined.

Should these servers be reported?

* - I said "ban", not "kick". And I wasn't lagging.

Last edited:
A tad off-topic:

Frankly, I'm getting pissed off with servers that ban* you for no reason in less than 5 seconds after you have joined.

Should these servers be reported?

* - I said "ban", not "kick". And I wasn't lagging.

IIRC, it comes under general stupidity now.

This is semi-late I'm sure, but I assume the reason why you see far less hangout is because the Master Server redirect srb2.servegame.org no longer points anywhere. Since your average RP'er probably has no clue what the MS is, much less change the address, that's probably why there are less RP'ers. Actually, it's probably the reason why there are far less netgames too.

The default is likely being changed in 2.0.5, but still...

That makes sense. As for the default being changed, I don't think they updated from 2.00.0-2.00.3 to 2.00.4 yet, so chances of them updating to 2.00.5 isn't high.

EDIT:Cue, if were you referring to the fact that I used 2.4 instead of 2.00.4, I was lazy. If not, I don't understand your post

Last edited:
That makes sense. As for the default being changed, I don't think they updated from 2.0-2.3 to 2.4 yet, so chances of them updating to 2.5 isn't high.

Stop playing with the space time continuum, it doesn't like you dabbling with it.

Hey! So I'm new to this so my future posts will be better. Why is no one on the server? Did they get tired of playing srb2? I have been hosting games and the results were nothing. Is anyone going to host a game or join mine? And yes I know this post is not on the topic, the others on this topic were closed... So some one host or join my games ok? Inferno out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back