ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd tone down the amount of Sharps. They are VERY annoying.

I like the updates to act 1, though. Haven't played act 2 yet.

Yeah, I'd tone down the amount of Sharps. They are VERY annoying.

I will. I'd feel so noobish if I let them as it is now. Probably I will remove 2/3 of them for official release.

The current enemy layout wasn't intended. I'm planning on letting one or two sharps when it's needed (as you see in certain rooms). More than two is unwanted.

Remember the tons of "innocent" Crawlas that Mill Citadel had in 1.09.4? I just replaced Crawlas with Sharps after I have converted the levels to 2.0x format. Since then I have removed so few of them.

But, letting "accidentally" the level overpopulated with Sharps in testing versions was intentional, for my amusement.

Just saying...

I've done about 15 new commits in Arch Pack repository since I created it. If you're curious about what will be new in v0.4, you can download the maps individually and see new stuff yourself. See 1st post.

Comments are most welcome.

Last edited:
I just think that it's slightly useless to comment on a work that's still so much in progress, since I'll never know what comes next. I personally choose to comment when v0.4 is done.

I made a "fairly" good effort these days to revamp the 1st part of left path of Mill Citadel Zone 2.

Still not done and contains some "unfinished" parts, but it's worth giving it a try to see how things are going:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4799936/EzerArch/SRB2/Arch%20Pack/B2.scr_millcitadel_act2-rebuilding.wad (EDIT 2010/05/22: file renamed, see 1st post)

Edit: I must say, it's an "in progress" work. Enemy lay-out, level architecture and texturing will need to be worked on more.

Last edited:
Arch Pack v0.4 beta is out (with change log)

Arch Pack v0.4 is out!

This is the first release with extra real stuff, fixes v0.3 remaining bugs and adds new ones too, then v0.4 is a release to be fixed in v0.5 (I hope this will be the last one before 1.0).

Main changes:

Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 received almost all rooms I had removed to make it to the May/Jun 09 OLDC and takes advantage of the most awesome thing that SRB2 2.0 brought up: MACES!

Mill Citadel Zone Act 1 has now a new "ending". Stop complaining now. Ah, a new courtyard too.

MCZ1 and 2 have now a new enemy set. There are other things (like "undetailed" rooms) that need to get done; feel free to point them out. Other maps received some few tweaks and fixes. See change log below.

Along with the level pack, I added a batch file that starts SRB2 up with Arch Pack. Save it in SRB2 folder and double-click it.

Finally, thanks for 947 downloads and 65 installs. This release was deeply tested in XSRB2 (many thanks to Inuyasha). My special thanks go to: MrMystery, for awaiting this release so hard, and to SpiritCrusher and BlueZero4, for testing my maps.

See 1st post for downloads.

Changes for Arch Pack, v0.4 beta (2010.11.09):

- ADD: MCZ1 - new rooms and hidden items;
- ADD: MCZ2 - new rooms and hidden items, more lengthy;
- ADD: MCZ2 - maces added;
- CHANGE: MCZ1 - architecture improvement and new enemy set;
- CHANGE: MCZ2 - architecture improvement, 1st left path revamped and new enemy set;
- CHANGE: MCZ3 - minor improvements and block enemies flag was added, now the boss won't fly away so far;
- CHANGE: ACZ - more obstacles in final section of circuit;
- CHANGE: LBZ - map fewer wide and minor tweaks;
- CHANGE: new level select pics;
- CHANGE: new MAINCFG. Now Arch Pack version shows up in main menu and other things;
- FIX: WPZ - cascade graphic glitch fixed;
- FIX: General - tons of bugs were removed (but I'm afraid I added new ones for adding new content).

If you download and install this add-on, I'd ask you to click on Mark as Favorite (see 1st post), to receive notifications regarding updates.

Fun fact: while I was about to post this release, someone at #SRB2Fun posted this:

Seeya

Last edited:
I suspect 5 members must download the wad again. I discovered a small problem with a FOF in MCZ2 which was fixed. (SRB2DB screw you!)

Sorry for inconvenience.

EDIT: I added 15 screenshots in gallery. See 1st post.

Last edited:
Awesome! (Although it did break your post count of 999 posts). I already gave you my review before release, but I'm gonna check the final out later today.

Wow, good job with Mill Citadel. You certainly raised the difficulty level of it, at least. Those Sharp are tough to deal with!

Thank you for feedbacks.

SpiritCrusher, I still have that review you sent me. Since the maps are out with new edits, something might be changed in the review. I wouldn't mind if you point out something again here, even just for record.

That bridge thing (left path, 1st room) still interests me.

@Gemini Spark:
Those Sharp are tough to deal with!
If you think a room or place that needs less Sharps or any change with enemy lay-out, don't fear speaking up.

Last edited:
SpiritCrusher, I still have that review you sent me. Since the maps are out with new edits, something might be changed in the review. I wouldn't mind if you point out something again here, even just for record.
Yeah, I planned on going through that same review and looking at what's fixed and what's still left to do. But I may have to wait until the weekend to do that.

This pack is soo good, I loved the Water Plant Zone, and all the Single Player Levels. All maps have a good level Design!
Lift Bridge Zone is good, but I not liked much the idea of the button of Bridge be the same of the two sides.
All is Excellent

It's nice to see another Israeli whos'e not a total failure at everything computer related like everyone else, lol jks. I like Mid Citadel alot, its too bad you couldn't be a week faster to enter it in the OLDC, I think it would have great chances of winning... Why not perfect it some more and put it in the next OLDC? BTW, I got a few things I have to say to fix or give critism on the map... But I forgot that now, I played it yesterday and I forgot.
Also, I never really understood what is this levelpacks about. I mean, it has no storyline, and its not clear if its a few single player maps and focuses on multiplayer or vice versa.

Last edited:
I like Mid Citadel alot, its too bad you couldn't be a week faster to enter it in the OLDC, I think it would have great chances of winning... Why not perfect it some more and put it in the next OLDC?
It already was in the OLDC some time ago. And maps that have already been released in any way can't be entered anyway.

This pack is soo good, I loved the Water Plant Zone, and all the Single Player Levels. All maps have a good level Design!

Thank you.

Lift Bridge Zone is good, but I not liked much the idea of the button of Bridge be the same of the two sides.

I don't know if you got the idea: you're on red team, a blue-team player stole your flag and is fleeing towards the bridge. What would you do? Raise up the bridge. It's quite probably your opponent will fall into the lake for his doom. :P

The bridge control requires teamwork coordination. You can use the bridge to save a teammate or make things harder for opposite team.

It's nice to see another Israeli
Sorry, I'm not an Israeli. I bet the next one will say I'm a Greek because of "Arch". I suppose it's because of my avatar with Ayin (the Y-like thing, which is E of Ezer) and an Alpha (A of Arch).

its too bad you couldn't be a week faster to enter it in the OLDC, I think it would have great chances of winning...

... it's too good I could enter them in OLDC:

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30202
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=30571

Also, I never really understood what is this levelpacks about. I mean, it has no storyline, and its not clear if its a few single player maps and focuses on multiplayer or vice versa.

A level pack is a pack of levels. Got it?

(duh huh, I'm so stoopid)

So... you save two or more levels into a single wad. Then, you got a level pack (or a package of levels). We have some level packs made of match maps only, golf maps (XSRB2 mod), several multiplayer maps and so on. Then a storyline is totally optional and depends on author's design.

EDIT:

If you want to receive notifications regarding updates of this Level Pack, click on Mark as Favourite on 1st post or click here.

In addition, you can rate this wad by click on Rating above 1st post of this topic.

Last edited:
Just messing with ArchPack.

SpiritCrusher gave me the idea of making the left path 1st room's exit higher than the entrance. If you didn't figure out what I'm talking about... "Images, please"

srb20566.png

srb20567.png

srb20569.png

It'll force the players to use the bridge few more. But it has a side effect: I'll be forced to rise ~20% of the map in order to make it possible:

srb20570.png

Not a big problem, just need some hours working on it and it's done.

EDIT:

Don't forget. If you want to receive notifications regarding updates of this Level Pack, click on Mark as Favourite on 1st post or click here.

In addition, if you want, you can rate this wad by click on Rating above 1st post of this topic.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd just add a downward staircase in the hallway (No hallway? Make one!) after that room. Also, maybe you'd be interested in making a new room which ends lower than it starts, but that's too much work.

If I were you

As you're not me...

(No hallway? Make one!)

...Weren't you a no-hallway activist? Ok. Here are the latests changes in the pack.

The bridge part is done, and no hallway, stairs or rooms were needed.

srb20793.png

srb20791.png

Other rooms and corridors are now more detailed. There are more minor changes in the pack. Wait for release.

srb20795.png

srb20796.png

(messing with OpenGL is amusing :3)

srb20603.png

srb20604.png

srb20605.png

srb20606.png

srb20607.png

srb20608.png

srb20610.png

Candy conveyor?
srb20611.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back