Snowfall Summit - A Homage to Christmas Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

daiches99

Snowfall Summit Zone is what started as an small experimental map made for fun, but quickly evolved into a full scale emerald hunt map. This is also a small homage to Christmas Hunt Zone, those who played 1.09.4 may remember it.

There nineteen potential locations for emeralds, so multiple playthroughs of the level are recommended if you want to explore everything. On top of that there are various small additions, to add just the little extra replayability.

Software is recommended as OpenGL does not create the snow weather, not does it cisplay the correct levels of darkness is in the underground area.

Any constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Enjoy!

Screenshots

snowfall1.pngsnowfall2.png

Download

Updated 12/29 to make finding Knuckles' emblem easier.

View attachment sc_snowfall.rar

Last edited:
Thank you

First off, I don't come here much but I play around with the SRB2 source code and watch SRB2.org and the forums from time to time.

I was thinking of playing SRB2 in Christmas mode for christmas since the game gives me nostalgic feelings since I played it a lot five years ago. Seeing as this christmas mode was removed in 2.0 and I didn't feel like playing the older SRB2, I didn't really know what to do.

Your map has saved christmas for me. It is everything I'd want it to be and more. Very well designed, large and much replayability.

I love the various areas, they are well designed and all emeralds are reachable for Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. The emblems + hints is an added bonus that adds even more replayability to this map. It's just wonderful.

I played it now, the day before Christmas, but I'll definitely play it tomorrow and try to get all the emblems.

Thank you for making this, 10/10 from me.

Fun level, with plenty of varied locations and fair emerald placement (from what I've seen). The emblems also work well to encourage replayability.

The only thing I can comment on was the placement of Knuckles's emblem.

I understood the general location of it from the hint, but the actual method of finding it (jumping into where a grave would be) was somewhat unintuitive and I wasn't able to find it until I looked up the coordinates and found it that way, which isn't very satisfying. What I first assumed was that one of the gravestones was breakable, and the emblem would be hidden inside of it.
Other than this however, a very nice level.

I have to concur with Simsmagic.
"Gravedigger" implies you're digging into a grave. So when you're really just jumping into a spot where there is no actual grave, it's somewhat misleading.

Aside from that, this was a very lovely level to play for the holidays. I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for the feedback, I was afraid the emblem would be too easy to find if I added visual cues. However, I've made a minor update to make finding it not as difficult as before.

From what I tested a few days back, this definitely seemed a cool little level. The fact you hid emblems about was interesting too, though unfortunately I can't seem to find that very first hidden emblem in the list (even the hint doesn't help).

From what I tested a few days back, this definitely seemed a cool little level. The fact you hid emblems about was interesting too, though unfortunately I can't seem to find that very first hidden emblem in the list (even the hint doesn't help).

I founded everything upon searching, even getting all 100 rings requires hunting a few down.

As for the location of the first emblem...

"You'll find the first one in the house, I don't want to be too specific but hopefully you'll get the (stupid) humor behind the unhelpful hint.

Last edited:
I founded everything upon searching, even getting all 100 rings requires hunting a few down.

As for the location of the first emblem...

"You'll find the first one in the house, I don't want to be too specific but hopefully you'll get the (stupid) humor behind the unhelpful hint.

Confound it I thought there was something to that being there! I guess I just have to figure out how to get inside the thing now...

EDIT: Oh lol, you meant the *other* house, silly me. Mystery solved I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back