Suggestions

Ugh, it's annoying that SRB2 doesn't save md2 and texture filter variables to config.cfg . Posted it here cause i wasn't sure if this is a bug .

Can't save renderer specific options like MD2 data and texture filtering to config.cfg because they only exist if you run the game using that renderer. It'd get instantly erased if you ever started up the game in software mode, anyway.

What about a option where you can take off certain things of the HUD, for instance, say i don't want to see the time and the score but i can see everything else. Could that be done?

It could be done, but it won't be. I'd rather not have a customizable HUD for a bunch of reasons. I will note that you can turn the HUD entirely off with the "showhud" console variable, though.

Ugh, it's annoying that SRB2 doesn't save md2 and texture filter variables to config.cfg . Posted it here cause i wasn't sure if this is a bug .

What do you mean by MD2 variables? GR_MD2 at the least should be saved to config.cfg regardless of renderer, though I don't know of any other MD2-related variables offhand.

犬夜叉;773790 said:
Can't save renderer specific options like MD2 data and texture filtering to config.cfg because they only exist if you run the game using that renderer. It'd get instantly erased if you ever started up the game in software mode, anyway.
Why not ? I remember several other Sourceports able to save those regardless what Renderer is used .

Some OpenGL-specific variables are saved in config.cfg, some aren't. It really all depends on whether the variables are registered or not in the source code if the Software renderer is selected on game startup, regardless of the fact they're useless in that renderer. If they aren't registered in Software at the least, then there's little point trying to save them in config.cfg as that may just spew console errors or something if you load the game with Software.

In theory we COULD make all OpenGL-specific variables be registered in Software if we wanted to, but it's debatable whether it's worth the effort or not.

...if I'm wrong at all guys, please tell me. I got up only a few hours ago after all.

Last edited:
I don't know much things about coding and all these things, But shouldn't Opengl specific features commands be separate ? (Executed only when Opengl is used + Don't affect software mode) or located in their own .cfg at least ?

One more suggestion , Add "Dormant" thing flag so that we can "Freeze" enemies like bosses so that they don't react when they see the players, this would be very useful for Museum maps (Similar to the one from SRB2 The Past)

That's silly. Just make an object that shares its sprites but doesn't do anything.

(we're also out of object flags, by the way. we have a spare thing flag, but no space on the in-game side.)

I Complain too much :P, anyways how about ability to become a spectator in Multiplayer games, just in case if we wanted to leave for a while without having to worry about players carrying you or Getting hurt .

Already available in every game mode except Coop... but to be fair, something like it should probably be put into Coop at this point.

Yeah, it gets annoying sometimes because of players becoming "Tails" and grabbing you just to throw you in Acid,Lava ... etc while you're not paying attention .

-Default Knuckles Actionspd Buff (not too much, maybe 30) (making bossfights less obnoxious would fit his character)

-Dark City being scrapped (but Grand Eggship sounds cool)

-Ringthrow Speed in S_SKIN

-Secret allowing Super Knuckles and Super Tails in Single Player

The Wiki refers to it as "Still in the planning stage", Same thing for Grand Eggship which i kinda think of it as "Egg Rock Zone" .

I know.

What I meant was that Dark City's tileset and theme don't seem as though they would fit, wheras Grand Eggship could be cool as a finale or as a zone before Egg Rock where Sonic has boarded a ship Eggman was using to get to or escape from Egg Rock (depending on whether it will be before or after) inside Mobius's atmosphere but before landing (e.g. Egg Fleet)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back