• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shadow the hedgehog remake, Final Beta released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

Since my Blaze WAD topic got flooded...again, I'm directing all further discussion of the Shadow Remake here in this topic.
So far, a beta has been released.
Thanks to zck2020 for the better shoes and nitro for fixing the eyes/spines/shoes.
SHAIA1-3.png
SHADA2A8-1.png
SHAIA3A7-3.png
SHAIA4A6-3.png
SHAIA5-3.png

Let's compare them to Donnyku's old Shadow. Yeah, big difference. :P
SHADA1.png
SHADA2A8.png
SHADA3A7.png
SHADA4A6.png
SHADA5.png

Moar Shadow stuff...
1-3.png

2.png

SHADO5-1.png
SHADP1-1.png
SHADP3P7.png
SHADP2P8.png

shadpic.png
assist16_080314awk05-1.png

SHADB1.png
SHADB2B8.png
SHADP4P6.png
SHADP5.png
SHAD1.png
THOKA0-1.png
lifeico.png
PRUPK0.png

Shadow Beta
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iy4dtwzzh4n
Now discuss!

Well, since you don't have the fur completely dark black, and it's kind on in the color field of what is currently "grey" I suggest you make it so that the grey is what changes instead of the red lines.

Angelus_the_echidna said:
However, I do have to know two things: Will he have his superform? And if so, is the form going to be silver as it is in SA2B? Because that would be beyond cool!
He wasn't silver in SA2:Battle. He was a light champagne colour. He was aparrently (according to Wikipedia) silver in the Dreamcast version of SA2 due to a graphical bug, but they fixed it in SA2:B. He's also light champagne in Sonic X.

Sky Ninja said:
Well, since you don't have the fur completely dark black, and it's kind on in the color field of what is currently "grey" I suggest you make it so that the grey is what changes instead of the red lines.
That's a good idea, I might go with that instead. A simple change of start/end color and recolor the lines to red.
I'll Begin said:
He wasn't silver in SA2:Battle. He was a light champagne colour. He was aparrently (according to Wikipedia) silver in the Dreamcast version of SA2 due to a graphical bug, but they fixed it in SA2:B. He's also light champagne in Sonic X.
Champagne? I didn't know the Dreamcast version had graphical issues. :P I'm guessing that makes him white in the SRB2 palette?
He'll definitely have a super-form, it wouldn't make any sense not to give him one, and it won't really be difficult to do anyway.

Looking good so far. The only things I'd say are the arms on the very first sprite are a bit too small in my eyes, either that it's just me. The eyes don't have that evil look in Shadow's sprites. Also the 2nd to last sprite has a spine missing. Donnyku's shadow shows all 6 spines, yours is only showing 5. Other from that, keep going.

Wow, Dr. Pepper is on a role. His eyes do need to be a bit meaner though as if he were saying "Get outta my site you lowly recolor" :P

More edits. Lowered arms, changed color and parts of the spines...
SHAIA1-1.png
SHAIA2A8-1.png
SHAIA3A7-1.png
SHAIA4A6-1.png
SHAIA5-1.png

And just so you guys know, I can't make Shadow look much 'meaner', otherwise he will look like he's trying to crap or something. :P

Shouldn't you make Shadow's fur darker? I asked that in the other topic in Releases, and it seems to have been completely ignored...
SHADA1.png

Make it as dark as the fur on my Shadow sprite above this sentence.

And do something about the eyes... They don't look mean enough to me. Maybe you should make them more like the shape of my Shadow's eyes?

I'm not trying to stop Dr Pepper and his Shadow, in case you guys think I am.

Right, because we really need a 3rd Shadow remake (original, SMS' and now this).

Cue said:
Right, because we really need a 3rd Shadow remake (original, SMS' and now this).

Yes we do! Shadow is my favorite. (and next is silver and sonic, tied for 2nd)

EDIT: Please ignore the above post. I CAN'T DELETE IT!! AAAAHHH!!

Well maybe this time Shadow will be re-made the right way. And in my opinion, J-Man's Shadow had moar faggotry than any of the other remakes, or at least the sprites did.

@Angelus_the_echidna: You could've just deleted the second post and edited the first post, but now you can't since I posted. >:D

@Dr. Pepper: Shadow needs to be moar black(no racism intended) than grey. In my opinion, the red on the spines should be the changeable color, and the rest stay as it is. Shadow looks pretty gay when his body is a bright color while his countenance is supposedly bad@$$. Also, those aren't the shoes that I edited, they're just recolored sonic shoes. You can tell by the way the way the shoes are curvilinear, give them more definition. You also forgot to add his cuffs(No, I don't mean the rings, I meant the cuffs). And as for the eyes, give them pupils at least. If you're going to draw Shadow, draw him right. Like so:
shaia11bw1.png

I'm not saying you're doing a bad job, I just want Shadow to be drawn accurately with all the little details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back