IGN made a video about Sonic Robot Blast 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the problems with mouselook in this game is the default chasecam is way too slow to react to the turning speed of the mouse. WASD+mouselook works amazingly in first person (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be the standard control config for hundreds of first person games, several of which move just as fast as SRB2).

It moves hilariously fast .
??? I'm talking about the camera. The one that literally, intentionally, lags behind wherever the target position behind your character is supposed to be. Try messing with cam_speed in the console. By default it's 0.25. If you set it to 1, it will move exactly with you and will always be in the exact same spot relative to the player no matter how fast you move or turn (assuming it's not bumping into geometry etc..).

The problem is at cam_speed 0.25 the camera won't stay directly behind the player when you turn. This is the reason you're even able to see sprite rotations other than the back one. Because the camera angles to face the player, rather than matching the direction the player's facing, it can be hard to tell which direction you're facing when using the mouse.

Camera speed is fine the way it is, It feels Like Classic Tomb Raider camera, It isn't really very slow .

Last edited:
IGN is like ScrewAttack. They said Srb2 sucks, but the hidden truth is they really love this game.

90% of review was misleading.

As a fellow user of Snapchat who checks IGN's Discovery tab everyday, I can safely say that SRB2 got featured in one of the things to watch. It's basically the same video with the same cringe as before. Seriously, I don't know how you can be so late to this game and still call this new.

Also another thing that makes me mad about this video is that they fail to mention the community behind SRB2, the various mods you can add to SRB2 which I think is a key point to mention to anyone when it comes to this game, and the fact that they can't play this game worth shit and still have the audacity to talk bad about it. I could be overreacting to this video because SRB2 was shown to a huge audience and talked bad on, but at the same time, I shouldn't really care about it. It's IGN. They are basically a joke at this point.

Long ago, when the internet was young and the N64 was current, they used to actually be pretty decent. Obviously, that's long enough ago that I'd wager that some of our users were born after they started to suck. There's a reason for the old "You can't spell ignorant without IGN" line.

Also this isn't a doom mod, lol. It uses the doom engine though, and I love they think this is new even though its been out for like 16+ years, they are just randomly reviewing doom-related stuff recently because of the new doom game.

I find it hilarious how people down in the comments *KNOW* that this is IGN simply trying to pull a fast one. They don't know that people have already played this quite some time ago and are hoping that the review would be something to pull them out of the rut they're in by spreading false information. I can't even begin to fathom the amount of times that I cringed every time they said something wrong or misleading about this beautiful work of art that is Sonic Robo Blast 2.

"SEGA have released a brand new Sonic game for the PC", -IGN 08/07/16
um, it's a fan-made game and it was released in 1999... :p

Last edited:
Originally posted by that IGN Guy

Possibly the worst sonic Game Ever Made!
Yeah right, i bet he didnt check about the 2.2 sloped version, and that SRB2 isnt complete. Calling that this game is dum and weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back