IGN made a video about Sonic Robot Blast 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky

It's official folks, the people over at IGN made a video talking about this very game almost Two decades after it's very inception!

This is thanks in part to the new Doom that was released not too long ago, and hopefully this means more people could join the SRB2 community!

You guys can check out the video Right Here!

Jesus he needs to turn his sensitivity down. The guy did say, "There's no werehog, no swords," so maybe it's time to make (or update) those wads just out of spite. I hope our servers can keep up with the incoming spike in traffic...
I wanna watch him try AZT.

Outch, He took most time laughing at it, and calling it "Hard to control" and "stupid", another shitty IGN Review, I'll pass .

Well...

At least they used WASD and the mouse?
Even if very nearly everything that they said was completely wrong and mocking...

I think MK put it the best:
<MK> they were trying so hard to be cynical and say it sucked, but they were too impressed to be convincing :D

Last edited:
They were actually quite positive, all the negative things they said at the start were pretty much cancelled out by the end. And that was only after playing Green Flower.
I think they started with a mocking tone because it's an easy way to find common ground with viewers. Aside from all the incorrect info they were spewing, they left a fairly positive review in the end.

Last edited:
It was cute how they enjoyed it, but the video description and title were very bad.

(I wonder if we can get our Wikipedia article back again?)

To be honest that was a stupid Let's play that sounded like "I'm helping your small community by giving people a bad idea of your game", I don't think it would help bringing that many of players .
EDIT : Read the video description .

Last edited:
It's almost like they wrote that video description before playing the game and forgot to change it after they actually enjoyed it.

Oh well. Time to hope at least one person finds out about SRB2 through this video and enjoys the game. If that happens then this video is a good thing.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This video is exemplifies why I did not make WASD+Mouse the default control config for eons.
They didn't want that either. They wanted shitty analog mode. And werehogs and swords, obviously.

It does look like the default mouse sensitivity needs to be lowered a smidgen. Aside from that, I see nothing "exemplified" here. WASD+Mouse is a working control scheme they adapted to quite quickly.

I think the problem is more that the game went into the wrong hands of the reviewer. A smart casual player would test the controls before recording, so at the very least they have a hand at the controls and can actually review the majesty of what it is instead of giving the viewers an acid trip cause they don't know what they're doing.

I for one am impressed by how the entire comments section has joined forces to tell IGN how old this game is.

I also think it's really hilarious how they think we must have made it in just a few months. They clearly don't know the actual scope of the game, but still.

Last edited:
3c5ca7e509e1503379d5a0f550209ffc.jpg

I'm not sure whether to be surprised or exasperated.

Last edited:
Personally I feel that Keyboard and Mouse Controls work perfectly fine with the WASD keys for movement, Right-Click for jump, and the mouse itself for camera control in coop/main campaign at least.

I also think it's really hilarious how they think we must have made it in just a few months. They clearly don't know the actual scope of the game, but still.

That's funny, you're talking as if IGN knew anything about games.

> Calls it the worst Sonic game
> Compliments it at several points during the video
lmao

This video is exemplifies why I did not make WASD+Mouse the default control config for eons.

I sympathize with this, but even if mouse/wasd feels janky, it's still infinitely better than keyboard only. I will say that controls are definitely not SRB2's strongest suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back