Ask a Quick Question, Maybe Get An Answer Sometime

The numbers don't work anymore; it only accepts skin names these days. I guess the wiki is outdated!

Aw. Why did you remove them? Being able to use numbers would make certain uses of skin change keybinds more practical (i.e. not having to estimate which custom skins are most likely to be loaded).

I didn't do it myself but I assume it's a problem for situations where, for example, you load a skin named "1". It's less complicated to handle strings all the time instead of numbers some of it.

The reason the skin numbers can no longer be accessed is because it's just a list of characters in the order they were loaded, which means they're not consistent. If I load character WADs A and B in that order, A is 3 and B is 4, but if I load them in the opposite order, A is 4 and B is 3. This causes lots of problems if you're making, say, custom unlockables that care about characters. That's why the functions all care about name now.

Sadly, custom unlockables are the one thing (aside from forceskin) that use skin numbers rather than character names. So, uh... good job? :V

Not only is what Toaster said true, but if a character isn't loaded to fill that specific slot and you select that save, the game crashes.

Sadly, custom unlockables are the one thing (aside from forceskin) that use skin numbers rather than character names. So, uh... good job? :V
Well, I didn't implement it. I'm just repeating what I was told as to why it was getting changed.

Someone put that on the list of low-priority things to fix X_X

Not only is what Toaster said true, but if a character isn't loaded to fill that specific slot and you select that save, the game crashes.

Then what about making it so the save isn't read unless the required character is added?

In the past, I've had my right ear feeling/hearing like it was full of water for a week or so two times. However, at the moment, I've had my right ear feel/hear that way for many months in a row. If I set Windows to have a volume of, say, 15 on the left side and 100 on the right side (while wearing headphones), that sounds about centered for mono sounds for me. (Some times it's better to the point where I can set left to 20 and right to 30-40 and it'll sound centered. Right now, I've just had a shower, and I've let water flow into my ear, which can often make it hear less.) So my quick question is, what should I do to help me hear more on one ear?

Have you been to the doctor? That sounds like a medical issue.

In the past, I've had my right ear feeling/hearing like it was full of water for a week or so two times. However, at the moment, I've had my right ear feel/hear that way for many months in a row. If I set Windows to have a volume of, say, 15 on the left side and 100 on the right side (while wearing headphones), that sounds about centered for mono sounds for me. (Some times it's better to the point where I can set left to 20 and right to 30-40 and it'll sound centered. Right now, I've just had a shower, and I've let water flow into my ear, which can often make it hear less.) So my quick question is, what should I do to help me hear more on one ear?

Are you sure it's water and not wax? Maybe it will come out if you sleep on that ear. I've had that problem multiple times and it was usually fixed by doing that, pushing my ear in and out over and over, or just waiting it off (but that one doesn't seem to be working for you apparently.)

If none of those work, maybe you should try Boinciel's suggestion if you can afford to see a doctor.

(About the ear thing I last posted about 3-4 weeks ago... Fodder, I said it felt like it was full of water, and I meant that as in "I know that's not it, but that's what it feels like", but I can understand why you misunderstood it like that. Anyway, I failed to get up nice and early one day a week or so ago, and when asked why I couldn't hear anything, I replied it was because my ears were clogged up. Then I got a couple of Q-tip thingies stuffed into my ears for a bit, got ear wax out of my ears, and now I hear pretty normal again.)

Is there any particular reason noone has commented/started discussions/threads on SRB2's Steam group (since the 24th February 2016) (except JTE on the latest group announcement today), and I too am unable to do so (and have been unable for, like... many months)? Is it intentional, a moderator/administrator accidentally hitting a couple of wrong buttons, Steam having been weird for well over a year, or something else?

Last edited:
I think the camera doesn't rotate when playing Replays or Demos

Why the camera doesn't rotate?

Why when someone activates a Recycler Monitor, i never get anything and i lose ring weapons?
:C

It's probably because you are able to rotate the camera yourself while playing back a replay in Record Attack, as far as I know.

Why when someone activates a Recycler Monitor, i never get anything and i lose ring weapons?
:C
I'm pretty sure that's just bad luck in your case. Its happened to me before but on the other hand sometimes I get amazing items from other players like weapons I wanted, emeralds, and more rings than I originally had.

Why is it that when I test one of my maps in Zone Builder in any multiplayer mode, my skin color starts off black instead of blue/orange/red?

Will we get a birthday thread? I know it sounds silly but I see people's birthdays but I don't want to be awkward and PM them one time just to say happy birthday.

How is thok "officially" pronounced (in the sense of SRB2's Speed Thok)? Like, is it a bit like "tuck", or more like... "fuck"? I've thought of it as the latter between learning about SRB2's Speed Thok and until a few months ago, where someone in a YouTube video I watched said it more like "tuck".

And does vanilla SRB2's Speed Thok have a source for the sound, or was it made from scratch for SRB2 (even if using something else as base)? I've recently played Sonic Battle, and Sonic's mid-air jump ability in that game definitely sounds like SRB2's Speed Thok to me.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back