Ask a Quick Question, Maybe Get An Answer Sometime

Have you tried updating all of your drivers? That might fix the problem but I don't know if that works the same as on a desktop PC. You might wanna use some software like CPU-Z to detect your hardware and find ALL the drivers for your components (not only network).
Hope that helps

I am using a Windows 7 laptop, a gateway NV79. I factory reset this not too long ago, and after I factory reset, nothing but the web browsers and Hamachi wanted to connect to the internet. And after I updated firefox, it couldn't connect. And now internet explorer isn't cooperating either. I'm using chrome. Skype doesn't connect, SRB2 doesn't connect, PokeMMO doesn't connect... steam connects, oddly enough. But the fact SKYPE, made by MICROSOFT, for MICROSOFT windows 7, raises a red flag there. I've tried everything. Firewall? It's passing them through, still won't connect. Proxy? I set it from medium-high to just medium, still won't connect. I could set it lower, but then it spooks me with saying the computer's insecure. Update windows? still won't connect. I can't for the life of me find the solution to the probem by googling. Can anyone help?

Probably a stupid suggestion, but have you checked if your date is set correctly? I had a similar issue once (factory reset laptop, couldn't connect to internet anymore) and correcting the date fixed it. Though I'm not entirely sure as to why that'd impact SRB2 or other games...

On the command line you can try ipconfig/flushdns then ipconfig/release, then ipconfig/renew. If that doesn't do anything, try to right click on the wifi internet access icon and click troubleshoot problems. If none of those works, it is probably a driver issue or maybe a wifi password issue.

Chrome stopped working, it said it was blocked...? Again, the firewall was letting it through. That was weird but in any case I did another factory reset, and strangely enough that fixed it. Thank you everyone for the suggestions though, I really appreciate it. Such a strange occurence, I dunno what the hell I did wrong. :P

If two Silvers used psychokinesis on each other at the same time, what would happen?

DensePaleAntelope.gif

You can add a maximum of 32 files at a time due to hardcoded limits, but it's not like they'll conflict with each-other if they just modify one or two enemies each. It's only stuff like Brak Eggman and Paper Mario that mess with each-other because they use per-skin scaling stuff, or multiple skins that use the same player struct variables for different things, or multiple mods that all make the Eggmobile do different stuff.

You can add a maximum of 32 files at a time due to hardcoded limits, but it's not like they'll conflict with each-other if they just modify one or two enemies each. It's only stuff like Brak Eggman and Paper Mario that mess with each-other because they use per-skin scaling stuff, or multiple skins that use the same player struct variables for different things, or multiple mods that all make the Eggmobile do different stuff.

Does this also apply to Lua Scripts inside wad files as well like this?

nEtcriz.png

Are you sure about that, I just tried this and 26 is the maximum of files i can add.

Does this also apply to Lua Scripts inside wad files as well like this?

nEtcriz.png
The limit only applies to real files loaded from the filesystem. You can have as many script lumps as you want inside a single WAD, at least until you run the game out of memory (which you'll probably never do without trying to)

Would levels generally work fine if a Control Sector was inside another control sector?

Unless one of the control sectors' specials does fancy things with adjacent sectors (like the moving platform specials), it won't hurt anything.

Our forum customization is meant to NOT be obnoxiously large, bright red, and using the blink tag =P

Is it worth getting a N3DS over a 3DS at this point even if there aren't any games in specific I'd get a N3DS exclusively for playing it with? There are a couple of features I find are kind of cool, like the 3D following your vision and the faster processing times but I'm not sure whether or not it'll be worth the extra money down the road.

Mostly asking because I sort of kind of... left my 3DS in the wash and being a major dummy I tried to turn it on and plug it in multiple times instead of letting it sit in rice, so it's probably dead for good (this happened on my birthday yesterday it sucked). I'm gonna call Nintendo at some point later today to have them look at it or at least ask about transferring my NNID to a new one so might as well ask about how the N3DS is faring with people who have it.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting a N3DS over a 3DS at this point even if there aren't any games in specific I'd get a N3DS exclusively for playing it with? There are a couple of features I find are kind of cool, like the 3D following your vision and the faster processing times but I'm not sure whether or not it'll be worth the extra money down the road.
Well I like it, anyways. The biggest argument is probably the loading times on more recent games like smash bros - the n3DS cuts down the time for those a lot, I hear.

Well I like it, anyways. The biggest argument is probably the loading times on more recent games like smash bros - the n3DS cuts down the time for those a lot, I hear.

I also want to add that some games run better on the N3DS such as Hyrule Warrior Legends. On the 3DS it suffers from lag while it runs fluently on the newer hardware.
And afaik the N3DS has a quad-core 268 MHz processor while the old one has a dual-core 268 MHz processor and thus tiple the performance (one core is always used for the home menu).

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back