A possible quirk to add to SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I understand that SRB2 is a free game and all, but I was wondering if a faux anti-piracy measure could be implemented in the game's source. Simply as a joke of course, to reference such things as Earthbound's ultra-steep difficulty when certain hidden conditions are met, and other similar mechanisms. Not really trying to make a full-on feature request, but I would like to hear what everyone else's thoughts are regarding this... idea. Also, in the likely event that I get laughed out of the forum for this, I'd like to discuss what such a feature would look like in the form of a lua script. I may or may not end up writing up something like this in the future.

Anti-piracy is a terribly stupid idea on its own.

Fake anti-piracy is an even worse idea.

If by Anti-Piracy you mean anti-cheat then that's just bad tbh, a Server-side anti cheat would increase lag and a Client-side anti cheat is super easy to bypass.

"Anti-piracy in an open-source free game"

Cue laugh track.

tumblr_m5o3picq471rrv52p.gif

"Anti-piracy in an open-source free game"

Cue laugh track.

I did say I would probably be ridiculed for even thinking of such a thing. However, I'm the sort of person to purposely trip anti-piracy/anti-crack for the sheer sake of entertainment. Currently playing EarthBound in such a manner, as a matter of fact. So, what I was suggesting was not really the anti-piracy aspect so much as the game going completely nuts and essentially trolling the one playing it. The effect, not necessarily the circumstantial trigger involved. I apologize for my poor communication skills regarding the matter.

It's not that the idea is bad in itself, just that it would work better in a game suited for humor. A game similar to - as you mentioned, Earthbound, which is arguably already a parody of itself.

To be quite frank I'm not even sure how you would detect "piracy" when you can't exactly "pirate" a free game in the first place. =V

Anyway, it's clear from this thread's responses that nobody thinks this is a good idea for SRB2, even as a joke. I don't even think you could truly Lua script such a system either. Sorry mate.

Well, there IS Ultimate Mode, and that's about as close as you could get to fake antipiracy making the game unreasonably difficult.

Pfft, I somehow forgot about that one, Red.

In all seriousness, this is the kind of thing that makes a cute joke mod but that's about it.

How to Anti-Pirate:

Make every non-boss/non-mini boss an attack helicopter...

Replace every boss with endlessly growing spikeball...

Make Metal Sonic into Sanic (Gmod Version)

Make the Final Boss tbe Death Star shooting at you...

YOU'RE WELCOME

No saves, One life, No Rings, No Continues, No Spin Attacks/Speed Thoks/Flying/Climbing/Gliding, and No Power-Ups.

Also no tokens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back