Rules Revision and Small Forum Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

The rules have been changed, again. Read up here - http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?t=10565

Not much of a change in terms of what's against the rules, but they should be easier to read, and the releases section rules is now integrated into them.

Other changes are minor, but noticable -
  • Polls have been disabled. Hopefully we can remove the display soon, but it won't let you post a new poll, regardless. Polls that are already in the topic will not be affected by this change.
  • Basic HTML has been enabled. This was mainly done to allow the new rules page's links to function properly, but it should also give you an option if you prefer HTML. Note that only some text formatting tags are enabled, so don't expect iframes to work or anything.

I can completely understand, but looking at the thing hurts my eyes unless I enable HTML in my profile. BBCode doesn't crack like that when you change your personal settings.

Wonderful. How fail can PHPBB seriously get? I can't even do relative links without having a profile option to corrupt my display?

Well, lesse if I can find a way around that X_X

Edit: Well, I mostly fixed it. The links still look wrong, but the text should be readable now. Anyhow, enable HTML, you bum.

Wow, Mystic's so kind, if I were in Mystic's position, I would probably display some cynicism and not tell anyone when I update the rules xD. Hm...removing the polls seems fine to me, they didn't really add much to the SRB2 experience (in my opinion).

-Mystic, I was revisiting your levels, and I just want to say again, you made them spectacularly T-T.

PHBB2 should make it so you can ban a person's IP for regisration. That way a banned user can still read the rules, FAQ and announcements, but not anything else.

Cool. I'm glad to see the polls go. Also, I think that keeping all the rules in the same place is winage.

supersonic45 said:
PHBB2 should make it so you can ban a person's IP for regisration. That way a banned user can still read the rules, FAQ and announcements, but not anything else.

Aren't you a little late?

Kudos. I know way more about html than bbcode. Works for me.
Also, I don't know when you made it so you couldn't post right after
another post but epickudos for that.

Y' know, after you disable the display for adding a poll, you need to remove that thing at the bottom that says "You can/cannot vote in polls in this forum."

Cheese said:
I know this is sort of a bump, but the topic is still at the top of the page. Is the FAQ going to get redone too?
Why? The Wiki page answers most of the people questions.

Well, how do they find the Wiki anyway. I didn't know about the Wiki for a long time until I clicked on one of the links in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back