UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Ashnal, i'm just going to leave you alone and just walk away. *walks away slowly* I'm not going to take over this topic with my ng-crap but, yeah, whatever man.

I never said I didn't want people to make skins >_>
That's not what I said. If I didn't want skins to be produced, then I wouldn't have said to post it in the thread.

Do you guys understand that I merely wish for the skin to be worked on more? To differentiate it from the original, and to bring the quality level up. Apparently no one likes criticism around here jeez.

some people take it really seriously ashnal. Some people need some good comments to make them continue what they were doing. if they get alot of bad comments they will think they are a total fail and quit.

I suppose, I do recall saying the eyes and white shoe bottoms being interesting.

On a philosophical note, I wonder what happened to the "never give up" mentality. I remember when I was little and watched lots of movies and TV, that was one of the most prominent messages. To never give up. Now, I see lots of emo kids and people with depression that have lost their will to live. A little criticism should never persuade someone to give up. It should drive that person to work harder to overcome the critisicm and improve their efforts.

Ashnal said:
On a philosophical note, I wonder what happened to the "never give up" mentality. I remember when I was little and watched lots of movies and TV, that was one of the most prominent messages. To never give up. Now, I see lots of emo kids and people with depression that have lost their will to live. A little criticism should never persuade someone to give up. It should drive that person to work harder to overcome the critisicm and improve their efforts.
I totally agree with you. People need to be less defensive of their work and always try and beat their personal best.

Ashnal said:
I suppose, I do recall saying the eyes and white shoe bottoms being interesting.

Epic Win.

HYPER SONILDOW said:
some people take it really seriously ashnal. Some people need some good comments to make them continue what they were doing. if they get alot of bad comments they will think they are a total fail and quit.

And if they're doing badly, people giving good comments will make them think they did a good job and they will continue to produce sub-par things. The reason half the crappy wads you still see floating around exist is because there are always a few idiots who say "Good job!" and the creator listens to them and ignores the people who actually have taste. This is why we are so critical about things. Don't like it? Nobody is forcing you to create anything.

Sry to ask this but it as been like 1 year since i play srb2 and i was trying to do this MD2 but i can't do it...could someone help me.

That looks interesting, but I bet it took less time to make then the last one. Quality work will show if you take the time to make it, in this case, the 5 minute job is quite apparent. Nice concept, needs more work.

If enough people want a dark sonic I can just change the color and re-bake the texture with the proper shading. Notice how the model becomes just a silhouette when shaded in a uniform color. It loses it's definition.

If you want to do recolors, learn to use Photoshop / GIMP to adjust color levels. You can preserve the shading that way. Program and tutorial below, or ask me if you don't want to learn and I'll do it.

Yay for self improvement!
www.gimp.org
http://mercury.chem.pitt.edu/~sasha/LinuxFocus/English/January2001/article119.shtml (images in non-english, but all text is english; a tutorial I found in a few minutes that I just glanced through. I'm a learning Photoshop user so I don't know GIMP. I gave it here because I have a hunch you don't have the means to aquire Photoshop.)

PS: Learning advanced image editing software will allow you to accomplish much more than just recoloring textures/models for srb2

HYPER SONILDOW said:
The tables cry in pain <- Wha....... I didn't write this! Who wrote this THE TABLES CRY IN PAIN Must have been an admin......... Why cancel out my pictures man?

Your image stretched the page for people with low computer screen resolutions.

I hate to sound like a noob but what would the text editor happen to be? a program or something on your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back