I want both of my PCs online.....HELP ME!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS

The most common reply I get when I ask someone to netgame is "I'm soory, I can't host, can you?". I'm told that this is because they are using a router or something similar.

I just want to know the best way to use both of my PCs online at the same time without losing the ability to host SRB2 netgames.

For now, I pull the USB connector out of my other PC and put it in this one whenever I want to use the internet here, and I move the connector back to the other when I want that PC online. Because of this, only one PC can be online at a time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Having a router doesn't make you lose your ability to host if you forward the ports to the computer that will host. I'm behind a router myself, and I host all of the time. The manual that comes with the router should tell you how to forward the ports.

Choose one computer to be the server computer, and network the two computers together. Then load a software routing program like Sygate (www.sygate.com I think) onto the server comp. Only the server computer will be able to host SRB2 games, but both can join simulateneously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back