Toontown Rewritten, an MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
Toontown Online was an MMO run by Disney from 2003-2013, a full ten years. Despite being targeted mainly at a younger audience, it brought in a lot of older players as well and was a rare instance of families playing an MMO together. However as I stated, it was closed nearly a year ago by Disney. That's where Rewritten comes in- it's an effort by a small group of fans to rebuild the game, maintain servers, to add new content and retool what was already there.

So if you never played before because a subscription fee drove you away or you simply never heard of it, the time is NOW. The game is now in open beta, and anybody can play. As it is a beta, there are bugs and crashes. It's also been somewhat difficult to get in, but these issues are continuously being resolved.

Toontown Rewritten's Official site

The game's definitely worth looking into. It's pretty simple, but there's a good amount of things to do and it's still deep enough that hardcore gamers could possibly enjoy it. After all, there's still combat and things like bosses and dungeons, in a form. I played it a lot during it's earlier years when I was a kid, and I always wanted to keep playing but never had my own money. The devs also seem intent on adding more new content than what was previously available. There is some interesting story being developed here too. And hey, it's finally free without limits now.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really call it 'pay to win'. That's a pretty dirty term, that would mean you have to buy in game upgrades to be any good. TT was just pay to play, there was a certain point you couldn't progress as a free player unless you subscribed and I think that was fair.

Besides as I said it's being rebuilt by fans; they're not making money from it.

As a reminder TTR opens this Friday. They're holding a special in-game event to celebrate called Toonfest.

The main page also details forthcoming changes like HD textures, support for multiple language, and more.

Amazing. Ive played this game when i was younger, made quite a bit of progress. I may give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back