Srb1 for Srb2 (scr_srb1beta3.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

Its a 2D wad (I know how much you hate those) of Srb1.

Here are some screenshots

Character select screen
srb1titleiq1.png

Knothole Base Zone

Lake Zone

Here is Beta 3
MAIN SERVER (Flat File Host)
Mirror 1 (Sendspace)
Mirror 2 (Thanks to Tails92 for this link)

Beta 3 without srb1 sonic
MAIN SERVER (Flat File Host)
Mirror 1 (Sendspace)
Mirror 2 (Thanks to Tails92 for this link)

Changes in beta 3:
- Supports Coop and Race modes
- Fixed colormap glitch in Lake Zone
- Rings in Lake Zone Act 1
- Added *Really* Unfinished LZ2 and IP1
- Midis from the original game
- Most importantly the original srb1 sonic!

This is good. I recommend adding a bit more scenery, though. And tag GFZGRASS as the Upper texture, and tag Upper Unpegged on grassy floor sectors. It would help a bit.

I was going to add scenery and stuff later, I am more concerned about layouts. I am not sure if I like the GFZGRASS texture, I will try it out.

I am sorry about forcing sonic, but it was the only playable character in SRB1 (except for a few levels). I will have to figure out how to disable character abilities (thoking), and then I will give you (plural) the other levels I worked on.

Actually, I think it would be a bit more interesting if you took out FORCESKIN. It might be fun to play as someone else.

Check out the update, I am very open to new suggestions.
Oh, I didn't add scenery, but I did take out FORCESKIN for now.

All right, FORCESKIN is still on in this, at least for map 1. I did like the design of Lake zone, but it needs rings. >.< And Act 2 of Knothole has a REDWALL. Nad COLORMAP isn't applying completely in Lake Zone. But this really is looking good right now.

Opps, sent the wrong version, oh I can't figure out why the colormap thing happens in GL mode. It works in software mode though. Lake zone still has no rings in this one.

Edit: Opps again, I clicked on Report file for breaking rules on flatfilehost by accident (I hate not having a mouse for my labtop). So I sent it on Sendspace.

I should also mention you should use the original songs in this. It would make it feel more authentic. ;)

I don't know, most of the songs (if not all of them) came from commercial games. I don't think its a good idea because of copyright stuff. Then again, I am not making anyone pay for this.

Good work!
It's very good for a first wad, seeing as most first wads are only cheap Sonic recolors.
Oh, and I've always liked SRB1.

Torgo said:
I don't know, most of the songs (if not all of them) came from commercial games. I don't think its a good idea because of copyright stuff. Then again, I am not making anyone pay for this.
Screw that, if it's ok for it to have it in SRB1, why not in SRB2?

If you could point me out to a good music ripper, I might put in the original songs (not from the commercial game versions the srb1 ones).

Are their any other suggestions regarding layout/graphics before I start on new levels?

So far I got
-Fix graphical glitch in Lake Zone for Open GL
-Add scenery
-Add Rings in Lake Zone

You don't need to rip the songs. Google will come up with the original MP3s of each of the SRB1 songs. I know because I have virtually all of the music from the Sonic games...Just forget the SRB1-specific ones. >.<

I would like a list of the songs and which level they correspond with. The original game is so glitchy, that I don’t want to play through all the levels again.

It's actually possible to rip the MIDIs from SRB1.
Back in December, I wrote a midi extractor for KNP/TGF files.
It was very buggy, but at least it worked.
Anyway, I've lost it, but I can try to rewrite it.

I would be interested if you can write the midi extractor, but if you don't I will go to plan B and find the songs myself.

Progress is going very slowly now, I haven't touched doombuilder in a while, but the good news is I *can* start today on making levels and such.

Thank you very much tails92.

Progress:
I figured out how to fix the colormap problem in Lake zone.
I also started on Ice palace.

I think I will release only one more beta, and then the final version, which will be a long time from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back