Anyone else occasionaly just visit these forums to see how they've grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddratini

Considering my last posts were like, 3-4 years ago when I was kinda young, feels weird mans.

Ah, SRB2 will always be a time capsule of a few of my growing up years.

In fact I still have my old, unoriginal (Yet never taken anywhere ever) username, lemme see if I can change it.

I've been a regular here pretty much since the first time I found the forums, so no time capsule effect for me. If you're looking to change your username, private message Mystic; since you've been registered for more than a year, he'll probably do it for you.

I never really became a regular here because I found the forums before I was mature enough to really find the gems within these forums to stick around for, and because I didn't really know how to post.

And now the forums seems so utterly dead that there's really not much to do. o:

And thanks for that tip, not really worried about bugging him about it though, is unimportant.

I get the feeling that not much is happening in the non-SRB2 portions of this place... Which is sort of to be expected, I suppose. I wonder if the release of v2.1 will drive a whole bunch of newer people here, like... was it v1.08 that was really popular?

Ironically, the thread I check out most here is the MLP thread. Gotta keep up with what's happening in that subculture.

I know it isn't surprising. I'm actually surprised the game hasn't gotten a larger following just for the PvP modes, it's a very good concept and some extra modding to balance it out would make it a very nice competitive game.

Personally, I often like to check out and verify that I'm way more stupid NOW than I was 4 years ago.

I regularly come here almost every day. I sometimes look at my HORRIBLE old threads that I made a long while ago, which were mostly just shitty wads that used about 4 pictures in the whole character and replaced Sonic.

Looking at this thread's title I have to wonder whether it could actually mean how much the forums have grown. =V

But anyway, I suppose once in a blue moon I look back through old posts of mine around here. Not that it does me much good really, lots of them are really cringey IMO.

Sporadically. Primarily just looking for upcoming SRB2 info, as few of the offhand discussions on the MB interest me, and contests are a thing of the past. For the most part I've learned not to browse random topics; whenever I look into a thread like the introductions, I generally end up cringing at the amount of red text I see at the bottom of posts, among other encouragements to promptly forget about the community for several more months.

Personally, I often like to check out and verify that I'm way more stupid NOW than I was 4 years ago.
On any forum I go to, I occasionally look back at old posts I've made; I've found that whatever the issue is, I tend to hold the same sentiments I would have years ago.

I come to the forums every month or so, but not as often as I used to. I was mostly coming here for the off-topic discussions and stuff but now there is not much going on. Although I do see a lot of new faces (Welcome to the forum, guys!). Concerning the "time capsule" idea, I do find my earlier posts on the less developed side, like not well thought through. Unfortunately most of those posts were deleted along with the Colosseum subsection of the forums several months back, so there goes that "time capsule".

For the "how often do I check the forums", it's on a random timer as to when I even show up on these forums. Sometimes I come by simply because I wanted to check up on what's going on. Other times, it's because someone or something informed me about the game('s progress).

As for the "time capsule" or "blast to the past" as some might consider it to be, I don't think I've changed all that much since 2007. The only difference is that I'm a bit more mature than back then, but other than that, I didn't really change.

Personally I think 99% of people who are on here are 'veteran' forumers. I don't think there are much (any) new people. Just people who have been around for ahwile trying to find things to talk about, bumping topics, and getting infractions. Past that, there's not much activity. If anything happens there is a sudden uproar. But for the most part, whenever I check to see what has changed, the last post is usually a week old.

Last edited:
I've been around the forums for a long time but I don't post all that often. I do still check the forums just to see if there's anything new, but usually during these periods where there isn't a whole lot of activity in the community, not a lot does change.

Just people who have been around for ahwile trying to find things to talk about, bumping topics, and getting infractions.

Okay, aside from the stupid kids who make posts that are either stupidly written or don't contribute to anything, aren't you basically one of the only ones getting infractions? Except maybe me after this post, anyway. Even then, aren't most of the posters like, new guys that post a few times and then in a few weeks, they just get up and leave because nobody does anything except maybe a few "babby's first maps"?

I visit the forums not as often as I used to, but I still lurk a lot. I don't have much to post about, since I just don't care as much as I used to, and apparently, most of the people that used to actually MAKE stuff don't either.

Okay, aside from the stupid kids who make posts that are either stupidly written or don't contribute to anything, aren't you basically one of the only ones getting infractions? Except maybe me after this post, anyway. Even then, aren't most of the posters like, new guys that post a few times and then in a few weeks, they just get up and leave because nobody does anything except maybe a few "babby's first maps"?

I visit the forums not as often as I used to, but I still lurk a lot. I don't have much to post about, since I just don't care as much as I used to, and apparently, most of the people that used to actually MAKE stuff don't either.

I agree, there have been a lot of one-post wonders lately (as I like to call them). I assume they tend to be driven away from a lack of activity. Personally, if there isn't activity, I like to break the ice by:
a) Making the latest post on every sub-forum.
b) Creating a brand new interesting topic.

And btw, I am not the only non-stupid person getting infractions. I find (and I'm saying this in the nicest way possible), that the lack of activity creates bored moderators, and that infractions are a brief flare of action. I'm not saying that there aren't infractions that are necessary, but I've seen a spike in infractions and a drop in warnings.

The fact you knowingly make your post and said that you'd probably get an infraction for it, just to try to brush a raw nerve disturbs me. There's no need to try to bring up things that happened weeks ago and have been resolved in order to get a 'show'. Recent experiences have taught me a lot about how to deal with line-casters trying to bait someone to start an argument, and frankly, I refuse to take the bait. ;)

And btw, I am not the only non-stupid person getting infractions. I find (and I'm saying this in the nicest way possible), that the lack of activity creates bored moderators, and that infractions are a brief flare of action. I'm not saying that there aren't infractions that are necessary, but I've seen a spike in infractions and a drop in warnings.
You couldn't be farther than the truth. I have the actual data and I can tell you that you are by FAR the person with the most active infractions amongst people who have been here for longer than a year. The spike of infractions you're seeing is your personal bias. Searching the data doesn't show the trend you're suggesting.

The fact you knowingly make your post and said that you'd probably get an infraction for it, just to try to brush a raw nerve disturbs me. There's no need to try to bring up things that happened weeks ago and have been resolved in order to get a 'show'. Recent experiences have taught me a lot about how to deal with line-casters trying to bait someone to start an argument, and frankly, I refuse to take the bait. ;)
D00D pretty much just put into words what we were all thinking, and I wouldn't call that "baiting" as much as pointing out how factually incorrect your post was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back