Help needed with fixing a WAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stritrix

Hello. I am currently porting over SRB2 City to the new SRB2 2.0. With this change I'm also trying to change a few things for the better. I'm just doing this out of personal interest. I don't plan on releasing it, since I know that would be against the rules.

srb20002.png

If someone could get rid of this sign, that would be great. Every time I try, it seems to cause problems. Thanks.

srb20001e.png

As you can see, there's random objects floating in the air. I've searched and searched, and can't find them. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

I could really use some help/advice. Thanks!

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1tg1cb2ss3b73ak

• Thing type 36 is the Tag start, which was removed from the game in 2.0.5. Use the search function to find thing type 36 and remove it.
  • The Things with type 146 are created by the level converter for whatever reason. You can safely remove them. Search for thing type 4242 and remove all instances of it.
  • The floating things are disco balls and they're located above the factory. They hang from the ceilings by default, and the ceiling of your level is the sky. I'm not sure what these originally were, but I assume something went wrong in the conversion.
  • I don't know what the BRCKCRK texture is, but you should be able to remove all instances of it without a problem because none of them are visible anyway.

If I remember correctly, any thing that does not have the normal flag tagged gets converted to a thing number that doesn't exist in 2.0.x.

The sign is a FOF. Below the main map has a sector that has one linedef tagged to 25. Delete that sector.

Whoops, I just now noticed that you weren't circling the stuff in the console but rather whatever was in the background. Why didn't you just press F8 instead of obscuring what you want to show with the console?

Whoops, I just now noticed that you weren't circling the stuff in the console but rather whatever was in the background. Why didn't you just press F8 instead of obscuring what you want to show with the console?

I didn't know you could do that.

Though thanks for your help everyone. I greatly appreciate you all taking the time to help. I managed to fix up all of the bugs, added a few new sections, and polished it up :) If anyone would like the finished product, PM me (Is this allowed? I think so, but I'm not too sure.)

Also I'm now attempting at fixing up SA City. The final wad I have left to do. How do I remove music? I'm using doom builder.

Open it up with a separate program called a lump editor such as Slade. In the middle section, you will see sounds. Right click on them and select delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back