Pokemon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
1.jpg

Nintendo's description for Pokemon Conquest said:
In Pokémon Conquest, players take on the role of a young Warlord who is linked with a Pokémon. Together, they must set out to recruit Warrior allies to strengthen their growing kingdom. Along their journey, players will encounter a variety of Pokémon, as well as Warriors and Warlords inspired by the Japanese feudal era. The game contains nearly 200 Pokémon, including many from the recent Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, which have sold more than 4 million copies combined in the United States.

As the battlefield unfolds in Pokémon Conquest, players must choose the correct Pokémon type to inflict maximum damage on their opponents. In the turn-based skirmishes, players choose different tactics for intense six-on-six battles, and battle conditions can change on every turn, keeping players on their toes in anticipation of what will happen next.

So over in good ol' Japan, this game is basically a hit. Announcement over here in the west? People thinking this game has destroyed the series or something (not like this reaction isn't new).

Links:
http://kotaku.com/5899004/pokemon-conquest-brings-hit-japanese-game-to-america-for-the-ds
http://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-conquest-launches-for-nintendo-ds-on-june-18th-04221481/
http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222268p1.html

Well anyway, discuss mortals. . .
Looks good btw. I only wish I was really into RTS games. . .

Last edited:
Meh, Pokemon died for me quite some time ago. I stopped at Pokemon Soul Silver because it really was that last game that truly caught me. I own Pokemon Black, but it really isn't the same as it was years ago. I still follow the series and news on it, but when it comes to actually playing the newer games, I don't do that anymore. This game seems kind of interesting though. I'll wait until its full release and see if it really is worth playing or not.

Pokemon Themed Advance Wars? Oh I am so jumping on this ship.

The gameplay looks to be pretty interesting to me, with a cross between puzzle platforming and TBS.

As for it ruining the series... well, considering the difference between America and Japan, I'm quite surprised something this "uncutesy" is popular in Japan, the cutesy country, and not here in America, the macho country.

It's a spinoff. We have plenty of Pokemon spinoffs. I'm not getting this game, but there are some spinoffs I DO like, like Mystery Dungeon and Ranger.

Looks good btw. I only wish I was really into RTS games...
Good news! It's not real-time strategy. It's turn-based, like the rest of the Nobunaga's Ambition series.

As for it ruining the series... well, considering the difference between America and Japan, I'm quite surprised something this "uncutesy" is popular in Japan, the cutesy country, and not here in America, the macho country.
The Nobunaga's Ambition series must be fairly popular in Japan, considering how there are a good 13 entries in the series over there, not counting portable entries. This is actually the cutest it's ever gotten. My guess is that they just love games based on Japanese and/or Asian history... almost as much as America loves World War 2 games for some reason.

Not much to say but Americans hate it and Japanese love it. Everyone is hating on this game because it is not the same thing as the others and is not and Ruby/Shappire remake or pokemon grey. I mean, take a look at most of the comments. X.x

Last edited:
if you ask me, the game needs to change. The same dang thing over and over for how many generations now? They always say change is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back