Fixed Continuous/Each Time Triggers don't work properly in netgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
Originally, I thought that it was a problem with my maps, but I checked and there's nothing wrong with the way I set up the linedefs. And I just learned that Tyrzi's been having this problem too.

The issue is that linedef executor triggers which are supposed to work an unlimited number of times don't work properly in netgames. The host and the first person to join have no problems, but any subsequent joiners will be unable to activate any of those triggers. I might add that even after these people join, the first two people will still be able to activate the triggers...but no one else can.

Here's an example of something that happened last week. I was hosting a Tortured Planet Match server, and me and a bunch of other people were battling it out in Weightless Whaling Zone, which has a lot of gravity reversal pads activated by Each Time triggers. Suddenly, people started complaining that the gravflips weren't working, and I actually saw somebody standing right in the middle of an intangible, invisible FOF that triggers the linedef executors. It failed to flip him. Then, after he stepped off, I jumped onto it and it flipped me just like it was supposed to!

After the server ended, I looked at the triggers in the maps and they were set up perfectly.

So, yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a bug in SRB2, not a problem with my levels. Can anyone else confirm it to be true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if you restart they will work one time and one time only for anyone in node 2+.
The host and whoever nabbed node 1 gets to use it unlimited times.

This is definitely a problem with the code and not the levels.

Actually, the node glitch only applies to trigger each time. A sector with the continuous tag should work. Like the teleports in sf94, house22, and mt_house.wad

I made a big load of fixes to the Each Time linedef executor some time ago, though I'm unsure if they fixed all the netgame issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back