PETA - A crazy organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

We all know PETA. And we all know that they have done weird things in the past. And today, we learn they have done something else.

http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids?icid=main

UNHAPPY meals. D: With Ronald holding a knife. With excuses "Children need to learn that Mcdonalds kill animals. :D" Even though people eat meat almost every day. They target Mcdonalds.

So what do you think. Do you think they should fire these odd people at PETA? Coming with these ideas and enforcing them?

These guys are total idiots. The organizations points make no sense. Do they eve realize that for millions of years, creatures have eaten meat, and it will always stay that we.

PETA should realize that animals die one way or another. It's the circle of life.

Although, the picture made me lol.

"I don't want my son to be around something like this," parent Stephanie Gipson told the station. "This is not fair for a child."
This answer is even more retarded. She doesn't want her child to know the truth because it might scare him/her, but that is even more dangerous than it would be to tell the truth.
Anyways, what PETA does gives children a wrong image of life. They will start to think that Chicken McNuggets are cruel and will instead eat their meat at home because they think that this wouldn't harm animals. Many children will not realize that producing meat always kills animals, not only Chicken Mc"Cruelty". And that is not what PETA want to achieve. They want all people to become vegetarians because they think that it is cruel to kill animals. Which is more or less stupid. "Survival of the fittest" applies here, humans are stronger than chickens so they can kill them. We must not have sympathy with beings that are inferior but can instead use them for our good.
So regardless of how flawed PETA's thinking is, they won't even achieve what they want with a campaign as hilarious as this.

I don't think the anthropomorphic chicken mcnuggets in the old McD TV ads have creeped me or any children out when we ate them. PETA is beyond nuts. A baby boomer generation of a troll group.

Not to mention they thought that Obama swatting a fly called for an animal rights speech. It's a **** fly for god's sake. There are about 2 million insects per person on the planet. Get a life, PETA.

You guys remember PETA's rip-off of Cooking Mama, right? Well, it showed me just how much of a bunch of idiots PETA is. I'm not sure who's worse, PETA or the Twilight fangirls. Both try to shove their ideas down people's throats, but one group wants to bite yours and another wants to save your dinner's.

PETA is well-intentioned, but hopelessly misguided and immature. Their problem is that they make sweeping, often libelous statements in the attempt to produce a public outcry. For example, while the McDonalds corporation has many faults, it does NOT kill animals. It buys meat from other corporations.

If you ask me, the outcry against McDonalds should be against their treatment of employees. It seems perfectly natural that the workers have low pay, bad conditions, and management abuses, but it's critical to remember that McDonalds set the standard for fast food worker treatment. Why should their profession be the way it is?

But, back to the point...

I have an uncle who works as a neuroscientist. Once, the PETA group protested outside the building of his company, claiming that his company "kills puppies". First of all, none of their research was EVER tested on dogs. Second of all, if not for lab rodent testing, scientists would not be able to conduct their research, and while it is dangerous for the rodents, they do not experience any needless cruelty.

What those folks at PETA really need to do is genuinely study the treatment of animals, find conclusive evidence that animals are being needlessly mistreated, and then stage protests. They tend to skip the first two steps.

You've said that 3-4 times already, Marsh.

And yeah, seriously. These guys work themselves up over the smallest, most insignificant things. If you don't want to eat animals, then become a vegetarian, leave us the hell alone, and enjoy having less proteins.

I have absolutely no shred of respect for PETA, whether they mean good for animals or not. I've seen the Mama Kills Animals "game" PETA made, and to think that kind of propaganda is aimed towards children is simply repulsing. They're either fools or they're greedy, but if you ask me, they just might be both.

fawfulfan said:
PETA is well-intentioned

I highly doubt that, frankly. PETA is a corporation, and corporations make money. Maybe they are misguided, I don't know, but take a look at this, then tell me whether they're just not the brightest bulbs or if there's rotten tricks going on behind those well intentions.

I can't help but imagine how Bill O' Reilly would laugh at that page. This just proves that these guys are sick.

People Eating Tasty Animals?

But seriously, PETA is annoying. We eat meat. We are carnivores. There's no reason we shouldn't eat meat.

Didn't PETA also want to sue Nintendo because Bowser's a turtle,
and Mario slays him ?
And that's apparently animal cruelty .

Jellybones said:
People Eating Tasty Animals?

But seriously, PETA is annoying. We eat meat. We are omnivores. There's no reason we shouldn't eat meat.

Fixed. But yeah, we all know PETA is biased and failed.

I am really tired of all these posts bringing nothing to the conversation in the debate forum. If you are going to say something like "these guys are idiots" then you are going to need to back it up. We don't need any stupid comments here. Treat this forum as a serious debate room as it was intended to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back