Alright, I know flats are covered in that archive thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

But I've tried every single method to get rid of these lines on my custom textures to no avail. Someone help.

Pic-
srb20000sr8.png

I was just testing the textures out, so don't mind their placements.

Airbrush textures? @_@

At any rate, be sure to "save as doom flat" in XWE.

I had this problem before. I think it had to do with the size of the flat being incorrect. I believe it has to be 32 x 32, 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 and so on. Apparently you can have flats as big as 2048x2048, I don't know what you use to get those big of flats to work, but you probably wont need anything that big.

Make sure you saved it as a doom flat and have the F_START and F_END markers in the right place.

BlueZero4 said:
Do the lats have the same lump names as textures?

Yeah.

Torgo said:
I had this problem before. I think it had to do with the size of the flat being incorrect. I believe it has to be 32 x 32, 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 and so on. Apparently you can have flats as big as 2048x2048, I don't know what you use to get those big of flats to work, but you probably wont need anything that big.

Make sure you saved it as a doom flat and have the F_START and F_END markers in the right place.

They're all 64x64, except for one which is 128x128 suggested by SF94. And they do have the F_START and F_END lumps.

BlueZero4 said:
Oh, and make it square. ;)

Wouldn't that have been obvious for me to have done in the first place? They are squares.

lolbold.

EDIT- Okay, I fixed it. The flats cannot be named the same thing as a texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back