Sonic Runners - A story-based Rayman clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeStratos

RENEWAL
Ever played the Rayman Run games on your mobile phone? GRATZ, you've played Sonic Runners... Okay, that's unfair to SEGA. Basically, it's a sidescrolling jump-em-up with a lot of the watchful eye twitch reactions of Dimps games! Nope, still not gonna cut it...

http://www.sonicretro.org/2015/02/sonic-runners-quietly-released-on-ios-and-android/

There's a link to the released game. It's currently only available on iOS devices and the Japanese or Canadian Google Play store. However, you can download a fully-functional APK with accompanying data to play it. Don't worry, the Android release is in English. And there's no locale issues. I'm playing it just fine on my Sharp Aquos Crystal.

It's heavy on the whole networking thing, so you'll need wi-fi or a data plan to play it. And obviously, there's in-app purchases, because what is a phone game without them? Probably a good one.

Stopping my snark, it is actually a fun game, the simple tap-to-jump mechanic is simpler than Sonic Jump's basic wag-the-phone control, and yet, it's far more entertaining. You move at a fast rate, and it's fairly complex, as you loop battles with Eggman, the level gets more challenging. If the simple gaming pleasures are your cup of tea, I suggest you go and grab it. And right now, until March 3, you can get 25 red rings in the game for completing a daily challenge, and any in-app purchase will reward you with 50 extra red rings for the first purchase. Otherwise, it's free-to-play, and not a bad grab. Be better when it comes to the Google Play store internationally.

The game is just flipping entertaining, got almost no problems at all, the only flaws I found where some images missing on the menues. Goes a bit bumpy with framerate on my Samsung Galaxy Core, but this is something that can be fixed along with the updates. Totally loved the game. Sonic Runners - A story-based non-Rayman game (corrected it for ya :3).

Well, I guess people were digging through Sonic Runner's files and the most interesting this to come up from it was this:

gfsTj.png

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrJeR0g4pw

All I have to say is that's pretty creepy, menacing, and awesome looking if you ask me.

Do you mean the Kyodai Eggman Robo of S3&K's Death Egg..? I'm pretty sure this doesn't look to be based off of it that much, really; its likely to be just a new Eggman robot equivalent for the game, as it has what looks like the same detail as Eggman, with just a metallic head for the sake of being a robotic copy.

By the way, Larztard posted the same thing.

Playing this on my Samsung Galaxy S4, the game is absolutely amazing. The gameplay is really fast paced, the music is great, the visual graphics are great, framerate is mostly great. I rate this a 5/5. Really is a fun game so far.

The game does lag a bit on my Nexus 5, otherwise it's really good. Super addicting, too o_o

Most entertaining thing thus far is my work on the Runner League thing. I love getting on the top 5. As of F***, I hold rank 2, and I can't wait to hit E. It's more addicting to high-score than anything.

Oh hey, Runners was released worldwide two days ago. It's been through several updates, a few in-game campaigns pertaining to different Sega games, as well as characters and Buddies to try your luck for on the Premium Roulette (rip red rings), but now it's all available for iOS and Android at the usual price of free. And now coming off of Sonic's 24th birthday not too long ago, there's a campaign for that! Classic Sonic is available as a character to shoot for on the Premium Roulette, accompanied by some of the familiar inanimate items from that time period as the Buddies that boost and enhance your score.

My definite favorite phone/tablet-exclusive Sonic game, surely.

For some reason, I can't seem to download it even though I have a Samsung Galaxy S5... Any tips?

Alrighty, so I recommend downloading via Internet this app called QooApp. Having it downloaded to your phone and open it, search "Sonic Runners" in the search bar at the top. Once you press the game's icon that shows up, I'm sure it'll say something like "Update" near the bottom. Assuming you did all the stuff for downloading the update, voilà, there's Sonic Runners on Android.

Dunno why they don't just have it available on the Google Play store, but eh.

Alrighty, so I recommend downloading via Internet this app called QooApp. Having it downloaded to your phone and open it, search "Sonic Runners" in the search bar at the top. Once you press the game's icon that shows up, I'm sure it'll say something like "Update" near the bottom. Assuming you did all the stuff for downloading the update, voilà, there's Sonic Runners on Android.

Dunno why they don't just have it available on the Google Play store, but eh.

Thanks man! It works, and in English too.

This game had a big downgrade from its early launch, but I'm not surprised. The lack of ads back then was too good to be true.

So I just downloaded the game, and the game won't let me download the data because of Connection Errors! Any help?

I've been getting the errors also. No idea what causes them, but I remember they happened to me before when I was updating it.

Honestly the game has the worst updating system. It always either doesn't update properly, doesn't update at all, or takes too long to do so.

The game itself can be pretty fun, recommend playing it, however as you go on (let's say, around rank 60?) Then the game really requires you to work your butt off to get anywhere. To get to the first point in the rank thing you need around 2,500,000 score, and now with their update that you have only 3 revive tokens, it'll just take you forever to beat one rank. As you go on the game becomes less fun and more annoying after rank 60.

I've been getting the errors also. No idea what causes them, but I remember they happened to me before when I was updating it.

Honestly the game has the worst updating system. It always either doesn't update properly, doesn't update at all, or takes too long to do so.

The game itself can be pretty fun, recommend playing it, however as you go on (let's say, around rank 60?) Then the game really requires you to work your butt off to get anywhere. To get to the first point in the rank thing you need around 2,500,000 score, and now with their update that you have only 3 revive tokens, it'll just take you forever to beat one rank. As you go on the game becomes less fun and more annoying after rank 60.

So, basically a freemium mobile game suffers from freemium mobile game issues.

I stay clear the hell away from these things for a reason, and this is why.

Well, some free games for mobile can be fair, and not rely much on real-world cash and have ideal loading with proper updates that don't break or take too long (ie. Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle).

At first sonic runners was fun, then it began to feel like a struggle that you need to buy stuff in order to advance properly, or you could play it 5 times a day with barely any advances. This imo kills the fun, and diminishes the replay value.

If there's an issue with updating it, move closer to your router and don't do anything else to your phone and if it takes too long, find something else to do.

Another thing, bumping up the total score to advance through the game isn't killing the fun or the replay value. In fact, I think it's increasing it to make you come back and play to try and advance to the next episode. You said "You could play it five times a day with barely any advances." right? Well, it's technically making the player come back and try to move on so there's obviously something that makes the player come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back