SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the names of the NODES in XWE. Then just have the EXE read the nodes by a different name.

Ingenius, but I would find that quite annoying. Besides, most people aren't going to use the exe and most likely just add the characters only then, thus defeating the purpose of it. :/

To Require everyone to use the EXE Add RWAD reading to the EXE. Find
Code:
memcmp(header.identification, "PWAD", 4 and strncmp(header.identification, "PWAD", 4)) != 0
and add RWAD, change the header of the Riders wads to RWAD(first 4 char of the file) using a hex editor. then every one will have to use the EXE, because SRB2 will
Code:
CONS_Printf("%s doesn't have IWAD or PWAD id\n", filename);

Turtle Man said:
To Require everyone to use the EXE Add RWAD reading to the EXE. Find
Code:
memcmp(header.identification, "PWAD", 4 and strncmp(header.identification, "PWAD", 4)) != 0
and add RWAD, change the header of the Riders wads to RWAD(first 4 char of the file) using a hex editor. then every one will have to use the EXE, because SRB2 will
Code:
CONS_Printf("%s doesn't have IWAD or PWAD id\n", filename);
http://lawarias.homeip.net:81/trac/browser/SRB2109RIDE/src/w_wad.c?rev=1324#L213
http://lawarias.homeip.net:81/trac/browser/SRB2109RIDE/src/w_wad.c?rev=1324#L844
also, this branch in the svn hasn't been touched in 6 months.

Okay, since Amy has her riders outfit, why don't the other characters have their rider shoes and gloves? I can make this if you guys want. No, I will not need credit, you can if you want because I don't care. I will edit this post when I do one sprite of their shoes and other gear.
P.S. If you like what I do can you send me the sprites of Sonic, Tails, and Shadow? I would edit their shoes and gloves as well. No, I can't use XWE or anything to get them...
EDIT:
srb20001.png

Nobody really cared about their shoes and gloves, but you have to realize that trying to edit all the sprites is gonna take forever. You could try if you want, but I'm sure you're just gonna give up.

I'll Begin said:
and it seems you can't sprite either. Edit from CZ64's sprites. DIRECTLY. don't resize them or anything.
I didn't. I had to take a screenshot in SRB2 and cut out the background and edit the shoes. My computer can't run some programs like XWE for some reason.

Cory the Hedgehog said:
I'll Begin said:
and it seems you can't sprite either. Edit from CZ64's sprites. DIRECTLY. don't resize them or anything.
I didn't. I had to take a screenshot in SRB2 and cut out the background and edit the shoes. My computer can't run some programs like XWE for some reason.
That's exactly what I'm talking about.

hi

I'll Begin said:
Use the EXE. Memorise the error message. Read my sig. Click the link. Download the DLL the error message tells you you don't have. Repeat once. Profit. Fun. Boredom. Move along.

I don't get it

Re: hi

I'll Begin said:
Use the EXE.
Double-click on srb2riders.exe

I'll Begin said:
Memorise the error message.
If you see a popup message, like "This application has failed to start because _______.dll was not found." then try to remember what DLL it wants you to get.

I'll Begin said:
Read my sig.
Look at I'll Begin's signature. It's where you can write your own personal stuff, just like how you wrote MARIO on yours.

Go figure out the rest.

Wait for Draykon to see if he really added the changes to the new exe. Then I'll have to add his code to the current code in SRB21094 from the SVN so that Alam won't have to do it all over again, and then I'll have to add some minor additions to the map, and finish up the last Riders map. The release date keeps getting delayed, as Draykon passes by without news about the exe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back