Your top five most irritating opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else that uses Sonic - I am a Knux player, so they have the advantage.

Sonic only works for fleeing, I´m also a Knuckles player, and since I´m color blinded, I need to be on the Red team to see the oponents in the distance, and we all know how much people loves to use Blue Sonic, yet, I almost always end up first or second. (Rapid fire, FTW)

At this point, all three characters have advantages. If you think you have a disadvantage as your character, try changing your strategy or character.

I'll say -- I totally got slugged back and forth by a Knux player in a CTF game yesterday, so I can vouch that Knuckles is not at a disadvantage when controlled properly. I still don't see a lot of Tails players around, though, which is sad, since he got a fair amount of buffs in recent versions. Most Tails players are your average noobs, which unfortunately just fly towards you in a straight line begging to be pegged with Rail. And I ensure it happens. :3

You have fast fire, so how are you at a disadvantage? Besides, if you think you are, why don't you play as Sonic then?
Sonic's can thok away before I have a chance to shoot them. And I prefer Knux, because of the control and fire rate. And because most players play as Sonic anyways.

Sonic is very fast: good to escape from "battlefields" and chase others players with his thok.

Tails can fly: good for sniper players and to get away from a sonic player.

Knuckles can glide/climb: If his ability is used properly, he can, in the most of the cases, get higher than tails fly,and more, his "fly" can get more and more fast, becoming a hard rail target.Furthermore, he have a fast fire, you can simply beat anyone in a close fight with his MONSTROUS Auto Ring.

This is because I'm a Knux player, it seems to be the best char to me. =P

Last edited:
1. Mystic: Hard core gamer = Death in match rooms
2. Commander HyperSonic: I only played once with him yet he owned me with one hand...@.@
3. KOTE : STOP RAILING ME DANG IT!
4. Hinote : YOU TOO!
5. alexis : Old netgame buddy...He improved while I stayed the same...Herp Derp.

Last edited:
Seeing all these lists with Mystic on here makes me wonder if he still plays the game besides in contests. It seemed to be the only place where I actually played against him.

No, you only have to play with Mystic once to realize just who he is...

Oh, and he isn't on my top 5 list, because he belongs on my top 2 list. ;)

I've yet to see this 'mystic' person whoop me in a netgame, probably because i'm in GMT, but most of my scary enemies are easier to beat, still....I couldn't keep a ring that I picked up at the start of a game, cuz that_gallade would be holding it :[

As far as the whole character balance thing, the way I see it:

Sonic is the master of speed and agility. His superior speed allows him to pursue and flee from opponents, and his thok ability makes him extremely unpredictable in the middle of a ring-fight. The top speed comes in handy, but unpredictability is what truly makes Sonic a powerful character in match and ctf, since it more easily prevents other players from hitting the user.

Knuckles has the obvious advantage of an increased fire rate, which grants Knuckles superior firepower and allows him some room for error when it comes to weapons with a longer reload. Once again, Knuckles also has a slight unpredictability advantage, as his glide allows him to make sharp turns in the middle of combat. His ability to cross terrain and his speed are decidedly balanced, unlike Sonic, who is all speed and barely terrain maneuverability; this isn't necessarily better or worse, it just opens up different options.

The way Tails matches up against other characters is still a little bit debatable. His flight ability now sometimes gives him access to resources that other characters can't access, and it also gives him a different perspective on the field of battle, often improving the effectiveness of weapons like the bomb and rail rings. Part of me still feels that Tails falls short, however, since, unlike the other two characters, Tails is incredibly predictable. The fact that he's typically airborne means that the z axis is not on the side of enemy rail snipers, but Tails also has almost no maneuverability while flying, meaning that usually Tails players will be either flying in a straight line or changing direction rather slowly. It would also be nice if team players could catch onto flying Tails players a little easier; no one uses it as a serious strategy in CTF, because it just takes too long to sync up the two players for flight across the map.

Summed up, Sonic = Quick Wit, Knuckles = Brute Force, Tails = Strategy(?), with Tails slightly limping as far as skill ceiling goes.

On topic!

Mystic's a dev and knows the game in and out, so naturally he's always been a tough opponent, good fun to play against. I just can't get over this one match on I think FuriousFox's server; granted, it was Meadow Match and I was just spamming bounce rings like nothing else, but it still felt epic to top the scoreboard of a huge netgame, only to lose to Mystic himself. It's a screenshot I'll always cherish.

Armonte's pretty damn good too. I haven't been playing CTF and Match so much anymore, but I've run into a good handful of skilled players. I should play a little more often so I can find more people to add onto the list.

Wohooo!

srb20263.png

Epic win.

Kid:Isn't that Cineblast?
Me:DAMN....
Kid:Turbo isn't spelt lowercase anyway <_<

Last edited:
I play as Dreazy TT & DTT in the game, and I just want to know your most irritating opponent, that player that keeps smacking you, that player that always takes your rings or the one that you just CANT get away from?

873488_lol.gif

1.KOX3D : Never get a hit on him if he's head-on towards me, a skillful echidana.
2.LXshadow: The most feared player in the srb2 netgame world in both CoOp, Match and CTF. Encounter him and prepare to take flight!
3.Vent ZX: Mostly found as tails and sonic, very brutal with his 'trademark' scatter ring.
4.Turbo: My closest and most irritating rival (we're still mates though, right turbo?) Very hard to hit in the air, he always gets me before I click the damn button. We both began srb2 at the same times (I think).
5.Henrique<PLZ>:Mean at times, occasionally easy to hit, but overall a rather good player, some may disagree XD
1.KOX3D : True
2.LXshadow: True
3.Vent ZX: My god, I haven't seen him in AGES. We were good friends.
4.Turbo: Never played against except for Co-op
5.Henrique<PLZ>: True, he was a friend too.

LOTS of people can beat me since I play with a CRAPPY pc controller.

LXShadow: How2hit?
Turbo: Me and him are practically equal in skill with all characters in every gametype. You could say we're srb2 twins.
Horizon Fall: This guy is someone I entirely respect. He taught me the benefits of going into a match/ctf/tag game with mouse and wsad ready. On top of that, I've still never beaten him.
HENRIQUE: The silent-but-deadly one. I have only won a match in the same room as him once. And that was because he was on my team.
Celebi: Wow. Um, I've won a couple matches against this guy, but just a couple. Dude's insane @_@

Last edited:
I can named my rivals, but not in order.
KOX3D:
He is pretty good, I can hit him and I'm good at avoiding his attacks :)
Celebi:
Don't let him get all the emeralds ):
I cant think of anyone else...

By irritating, you mean verbally annoying, Allen and Hyper Sonic Jr. take the cake. Hyper Sonic Jr. is decent, but they will both choose to always be on the same team even if it means being unbalanced in CTF, blame losing on either c lag or that you're using auto aim, or just flat out ban you if you win too much.

Now, on actual people I find challenging (note that this list is only from recent playings on SRB2, not all the way back from 1.09.04)

HorizonFall - Curses a bit too much, but has the skills to back up with talk. Definitely a force to take seriously.

Celebi - Seems to have a main goal of getting every emerald. Not that it's a bad goal. And not that there is any mocking him for trying it, using Knuckles to get around it smart and easy way of finding those emeralds.

Commander Hypersonic - He seems to have on and off days. Sometimes he's absolutely outstanding, others he is a bit lack luster. Now the good days outweigh the bad, so it's easy to overlook that.

... list pending.

You know what's irritating?
Someone who LAUGHS at you everytime you're hit by that person
Bomb'd,Scatter'd,Rail'd,Auto'd,Bounce'd. I'm happy it's not a game to do glitches to beat you're way out.

Updated list:
Horizonfall - Good pal and plays well
Commander HyperSonic - Friendly, Atleast he's not a pain in the ass
Vent ZX - Again, good pal haven't seen in a very long time. I would like to see him again.
That's how I got my nickname: Flamey
Hyper Sonic Jr - May be annoying to battle against but a good guy to be on you're team
Lunastar - I beaten her 0 Times. I'm so proud of myself. She's like a Tails pro.
Raiden (sorry if name spelled wrong) - Good host, good player unless if it comes to lag since he can't feel it

I myself is getting a little better
It's just no one respects it
ENCOURAGE ME.
Nevermind.

Yea sometimes there's days when I totally forget to play or am just to tired to play well. Other days(usually when I'm not tired) I play very well. For me it depends. There are times when I think meh it's not worth trying today or the players in a server aren't worth the fight. So yeah I've made my point. It varies for me. I guarantee that if there is ever a server with very good players you won't find me slacking off. ^_^

Last edited:
Ctrl + F Titanium

No matches found.

Anyway, I'll just make a list: LXShadow, Samus, VenusStar, Deathmaus, Celebi, Commander Hypersonic, Perfekt, the list goes on...

Oh yeah, I can't forget Mystic and Spazzo. Who doesn't love hearing that orange echidna say "hate" after railing him in Nimbus Ruins?

Last edited:
ok before i start this my srb2 names are trent the hedgehog and raiden. and specter you did spell my name right. anyway i consider myself really good at CTF but just like all good players there cant be only one (unfortunately) ill start my list with...

Horizonfall: Dude we are like fricken rivals out there! like if we shoot a ring at the same time we get hit at the same time! you sir have my respect.

Celebi: all around awesome player. we can rival eachother in skill (you do get the upperhand on me with that knux glide rail though.) you sir also have my respect!

LXshadow: i honestly dont know what to say. YOU sir are amazing. i praise your skill on the battlefield. (respected)

Deathmau (i dont know how to spell your name havent seen you in awhile): anyway you are FUNNY! i would rail you or hit you with a ring and you would be like "YOU DARE HIT ME". your also really good out there on the battlefield and i praise your skillz. (respected)

Foxboy: you just love gettin those emmys. your officially unstoppable when you get all of them. i remember one time we played ctf and NO ONE could touch you. (but i was actually able to get a couple of rails off on ya.) I must say though..even though flying makes you an easy target, your able to snipe someone before they even have a chance to rail you. (respectedd)

i havent been playing ctf since the server shutdown for maitnence so i dont remember EVERYBODY. i hope the server starts up again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back