IGN's Top 100 Game Creator List - Good Choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Metal Gear Mass-Murderer
http://uk.games.ign.com/top-100-game-creators/index.html

I've seen a few people talk about how this list was a disappointment due to that it's absurdly wrong in every way.

I myself think it's a fair list, yet there are a few that could be higher up than others. For example, the guy who invented "Pong" should be reasonably high, as it was one of the first games to be created.

I put this here to see what the SRB2MB's views on this is. Whether you have read all 100 isn't the issue, it's the creators that you know have done something great, yet when you click their name they're quite low, or, not on the list.

To end, too, please no "IGN can't rate for anything", this is more about the creators on the list rather than IGN's game rating.

I don't have any problem with making a list of the great people that were involved in the creation of videogames, but I don't think you can honestly number them on a list. The list also seems to me like more of a popularity contest than anything and is bound to leave behind many other people that deserve around the same credit, or at least people would like to see on there. Who's to say Nobuya Nakazato shouldn't go on the list?

But on another note, lol ign.

I completely agree with Shigeru Miyamoto being number one on this list. He made the Zelda and Mario series, along with a ton of amazing games.

Blue Warrior said:
I don't have any problem with making a list of the great people that were involved in the creation of videogames, but I don't think you can honestly number them on a list. The list also seems to me like more of a popularity contest than anything and is bound to leave behind many other people that deserve around the same credit, or at least people would like to see on there. Who's to say Nobuya Nakazato shouldn't go on the list?

But on another note, lol ign.

I can agree with you here, on both the after comment and main text. It can be a popularity contest sometimes, but on the other hand, it also symbolizes many of those who started a trend in making a game a certain way.
Example - Like IGN says, Splinter Cell and other stealth-action games owe a lot to Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear, or possibly Nintendo's Animal Crossing to Will Wright's sandbox "Sim" games.

Hideo Kojima should be nowhere near the top ten on that list. Number one was utterly predictable, too. Keiji Inafune as number 50 is laughable, as well. They should both be swapped.

Also, Mizuguchi should be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back