Modifying MOBJ's radius can clip it through a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prisima

...and can sometimes kill it.

TiredWarlikeGordonsetter.gif

The sprite modification is for visual purposes only.

The level of holy shit in SRB2 is amazing to me. Quick question, how did multi level areas like the beams in some of the multiplayer levels, and things like the spring platforms in Greenflower Zone 2 (before the little waterfall in the pool where you enter the tunnel before getting to the large lake area, descriptive right?) work? I am confused.

Just want to report that this also happens when changing scale, likely because scale also affects radius. I think the only difference is that instead of dying, you're more likely to get stuck between the two sectors until you've built enough speed to unstick yourself from the wall.

The level of holy shit in SRB2 is amazing to me. Quick question, how did multi level areas like the beams in some of the multiplayer levels, and things like the spring platforms in Greenflower Zone 2 (before the little waterfall in the pool where you enter the tunnel before getting to the large lake area, descriptive right?) work? I am confused.

Just to let you know this IS off-topic, but anyway... multi-level areas are done using a feature we have called floor-over-floors, also known as FOFs. We have a wiki page that explains them here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Floor_over_floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back