Poisoned Paradise... finished? Surely you jest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tets

one rude dude
The one wad I never thought I would finish is now complete. I would have taken another month or so but Mystic said to just "do it", and so I did. It has been uploaded and added to my own wad archive, but I'll save you some clicking and just provide a direct link.

http://tetsuo.gunsha.com/srb2wad/sc_poisonedparadise.zip

So there it is. Do report any silly bugs you happen to find. In the rush to get it done and over with, I might have skipped over a few fixes.

And amen to that.

Very nice, Tets. I'd upload it to the Addons section, but I've gotta format my hard drive before I make any changes, since I already backed up everything.

A little less reliance on switches would be good, because I often didn't have any idea where I was supposed to go after hitting a switch. Maybe having some kind of visible way to know that something changed would be good.

Otherwise, a class effort all the way. You obviously understand how to make an entertaining level. I really like the vertical shifts, and it gave me a few ideas for my own factory level.

I like the changes you made to PPZ1 (at least I think you made some).

PPZ2? Too long, too tedious, therefore is too boring (which probably describes Botanic Serenity at its current state XD;). Then again, it's probably because I just dislike the factory theme, but more decoration definately could've saved this stage.
I managed to get through the ventiliation pipes after the lava room after the outside. Pushed the button, got lost from there.
Though I'll say, I really liked the ideas you pulled off, such as the criss-crossing routes (the bridge in the beginning in particular), the sub-room inbetween the escape pipes after the outside (which I really like to consider a decorative entity), and maybe the stairs. I don't really know.
And the stage gave me a newfound hate for Jettys. God.

Wow! I really like the changes that you made to poisoned paradise 1. Act 2 was very good too. I noticed a few details that could have been tweaked, but I liked them both. The new boss is good too. I think this WAD should be added to the new version of SRB2 coming out soon.

Would you allow me to add this WAD to my site?

Act 1 is still as good as it's always been, although yeah, it feels like there were a few changes. Act 2 has a very confusing pace, lots of wandering around and backtracking -- very little flow to speak of. Also, it borrows too much from "The Mystic School of Enemy Placement" in the sense that there's quite a number of Jetty-Syn's buzzing around your head and even a few places where you get a nasty ambush that's difficult to avoid (the ventilation shaft bit, the Commander got me before I even knew he was there).

Still, not bad, and a pretty solid singleplayer set.

What are you on about? It's there. Wouldn't have called it complete if it wasn't. Though the boss is a bit easy...

Messed up? Where, and how? o_O

Also, I've noticed several stupid mistakes on my part that I am working to repair now. I'll make it known when I re-upload it.

You forgot to apply the conveyor special to them, so they don't behave properly.

I see. That's not the only thing I forgot, however. I also forgot to set the lava to inflict fire damage! I feel quite stupid now. XD

Anyway, I've reuploaded it. Below is a list of things I changed.
- Fixed the conveyor belts in acts 1 and 2.
- Moved the first button in act 2 to the hallway of its relevant door. Its original position was kind of stupid, now that I think about it.
- Fixed several texture errors.
- Added stuff in the slime, so now there's an actual use for that liquid shield I placed. You just need to find it yourself. ^_^

This goes without saying, of course, but if you already downloaded PPZ before this post you'll need to redownload it.

Yeah.. erm. There's no way out of this spot (Act 2)
http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/images/SRB2002.bmp
Edit: One of the walls in the lava room with the turret is missing an above texture. (Also Act 2)

Edit 2: Just after you leave the factory, if you turn around and look up theres all kinds of... weird things, I'm not sure exactly what it is. (Act 1)

There's my 3 cents...

I could swear I had placed a spring there, but I guess that's just another one of those things that slipped my mind.. Oh well, that will be fixed soon enough. Sorry ^_^;

I kept telling myself to fix that missing above texture in the lava room, but I constantly ended up getting sidetracked and I completely forgot about it eventually.

That part in act 1 after you leave the factory... I'm not sure what the problem is. It came about when I created a complete new thok-barrier for the factory area. I'll need to rebuild the sectors around the exit. I'm not sure if that will be fixed in the next upload, that's a tough one.

As before, I will alert you when I've reuploaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back