Regarding EggSlimer/Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shado

the name is twi
Hey, how do you lower the Egg Slimer's shooting rate with a script? REACTIONTIME doesn't do anything, and I can't think of anything else.

The Egg-Slimer is hardcoded to pick up speed as he takes damage, so I don't think you can really alter what that speed is with just a SOC.

Draykon said:
The Egg-Slimer is hardcoded to pick up speed as he takes damage, so I don't think you can really alter what that speed is with just a SOC.

This is only half-true, Draykon. The fact that it speeds up when hit is hard-coded(just about everything in it is), but this only happens if the object has the Deaf flag in the wad. And even if you were to work with a Deaf'd Eggslimer, you could still alter the speed; if you go into the object configuration of the eggslimer, you will notice there is an entry for speed... in a Deaf'd eggslimer, this is the starting speed, and it will increase from that with every hit. A non-deaf'd eggslimer however, will remain at the speed set.

Though all of this was in regard to movement speed(The part about only a Deaf'd Eggslimer speeding up applies to shooting speed as well). You may be right about firing speed, though.

It should also be noted that the speed increase is not determined by how much HP is left, but by how many times it has been damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back