How do you record videos in srb2 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtheman14

Not this moron again...
I swear I saw a topic where someone posted stuff which lets you record videos of srb2, but I forgot the name. This may also be a good topic to keep for other people wondering how to record videos in srb2

EDIT: I know how to record demos now. Damn!! I can't delete the thread

Last edited:
Maybe you can post how you did it so that people that have the same problem can try the same thing.

Here ya go
Spazzo said:
-record demoname -warp ##
Apparently it can go out of synch sometimes but I myself have never gotten it to work.
Let me go try it again...
Nope I may be typing it wrong but I found an alternative
it's cam studio, which lets you record whats on screen but if you were going to record in srb2 you may record your own desktop with it but those parts may be cut out the movie by editing it.

Where to host the video you recorded...well theres almost always youtube. Other people have said that mucks up the qualiy but it will be valid proof you played, speedrun'd or whatever else. Enjoy. If you want me to find you another alternative please ask

Last edited:
Wait, which recording style is the best? I'd like to record an SRB2 video with the best quality... :\

Well, use FRAPS if you want good sound and graphic quality. I use it but I get a little lag. Otherwise, it works perfectly. (When you want to upload, convert them first.)

yes, but FRAPS is really subcribe only as you must pay to fully use it. Other wise you'd be doing tons of 30 second clips.

I use fraps, cuz video is not too fast for sounds or sounds too fast for video.
stupid thing is that not full version of fraps can't record more than 30 secs.
and i recommend to convert fraps video with widows movie maker or vegas pro, cuz 30 sec is like over 10000kbs.

Fraps, hypercam and STARTMOVIE are good.

Fraps.
+ great quality
- full version costs

Hypercam
+ great quality
- windowed mode

STARTMOVIE
+ great quality
+ console command
- no sounds
- makes thousands of PNG-files

Actually, I use Bandicam. This is the real alternative for Fraps. Because unregistered Bandicam can record 10 minutes. Count the difference between 30 seconds (for Fraps) and 10 minutes (for Bandicam).

I found a way to record SRB2. It hasn't worked recently but it might work. I don't know if this counts as recording but, I tried using the Home+Alt+R shortcut to record (Cuz I use Windows 10. >_>) I don't know if this helps or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back