Porting SRB2 to Sega Saturn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMBX2011

Hello guys, i wondering what we will can port SRB2 to Sega Saturn (Of course it possible to port Doom Engine to Sega Saturn and i don't know how to port PC game to Sega Saturn and consoles). Also that game title will be known as Sonic Robo Blast for Sega Saturn (not be confused with crappy fan game made for TGF) and that Sega Saturn port will be based off Version 2.1 (only all other ports based off version 2.0), and there list of features who will added and removed in Sega Saturn:

• Remove "Quit" - Console Games can't have Quit Game.
  • Tutorial Level - It will gonna be great, it will replaces joystick configuration and we will learn who controls can player do
  • Config become as Volume Configuration - We will don't need to change Joystick, Screen Resolution and anything in Sega Saturn :P
  • Remove Online Multiplayer - Duh, Sega Saturn don't support Online and Internet, we will play normal multiplayer and remove Online.
  • Remove Mario Koopa Blast - Do you know SEGA don't own Mario right? So let's remove Mario Koopa Blast in SEGA Saturn and keep Mario Koopa Blast only in PC Version

So Sega Saturn 3D Controller will replace Keyboard (This port requires Saturn 3D Controller):
Sonic%20Robo%20Blast%202%20Sega%20Saturn%20Controls_zpsiapq7hs6.png

And there is Boxart and CD what i made (don't have "2" here):
sonic_robo_blast_2_sega_saturn_box_art_by_flamey2010-daxjews.png

sonic_robo_blast_2_sega_saturn_cd_by_flamey2010-daxjfcf.png

It will be great Sonic Robo Blast 2 for Sega Saturn, maybe i can make this port and i ask Sonic Team Junior he make SRB2 2.1 for Sega Saturn.

So what do you think SRB2 for Sega Saturn huh?

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-01-2017 at 11:58 PM ----------

I know there is not NiGHTS as playable character in SRB2, but talking about Special Stage there is NiGHTS Stage as Special Stage

Alright, first snag; if the Dreamcast could barely run 1.09 - which is way less complex than what we have now - what makes you think you can get 2.1 running on the previous generation of hardware? SRB2 is a lot more demanding on hardware than Doom was, because our levels are a lot bigger and our code is way less optimized.

Linux Consoles can run SRB2 right? There a Linux for Sega Saturn and PSOne but sadly it got scrapped :( https://lkml.org/lkml/1996/12/12/38
No problem, we can port SRB2 to Sega Saturn without Linux.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

And i think Version 2.1 will work in consoles (all generations). :/

He's saying that even if someone did port it, the Saturn isn't powerful enough to even run the title screen.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams of this, despite it being 100% impossible. SRB2 is the Saturn Sonic we deserved.

Also haha I can't believe people were trying to port Linux to shit as far back as 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back