SRB2MD: Alpha 2.1(.420) is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O my god, mlg sylveon returns 11!!!1jshjvhksdsvhsdlbh

OMEGAD YE ALPHA 2.0 IS OUT RITE NOWWEEUHHHHHH!!!!

More seriously, download the lastest version on the mainpost.

The major changes are...

Fixed! The Tackle script has been replaced with a new one, based on MotdSpork's slide script. (brb adding him in credits), and has no more exploits. However, you can still spam it.
Fixed! Giratina now sees the player EVERY FUCKIN TIME!
Fixed! The player spawned with a crazy ammount of HPs and Hunger.
Fixed! The musics are now in the .ogg format, reducing a lot the size of the file (-4 MBs!)
Fixed! The whole Lua script was bullshit. Thanks to e'L-J'ay Saownicku! (LJ Sonik)
Fixed! Bunch of other crap that I don't remember.

New! SRB2MD now supports Multiplayer with maps made for it! They have more enemies, items, and Big Apples always respawn.
New! Sylveon's sprites were improved a bit, and can now change color for Multiplayer!
New! Added another action stage. This one yet has to be extended for further versions, but this is not my main thing to do for the moment.
New! The XP neeeded in order to level was up was decreased a lot, as the HPs gained every level.
New! Active Move! When you will learn MoonBlast, you can press the CUSTOM1 button to change the move performed with SPIN
New! MoonBlast has been replaced with a whole new projectile atttack, and costs 30 Hunger Points instead of previously 50.
New! Added an unlockable for "Kicking Giratina's ass" (It's irrevelent tough.)

I guess that's all. Anyway guys, go ahead and host servers with this! (No kidding do whatever you want.) kthx bai my Sentry needs to eat more f2ps scout so brb ima feeding it.

Personally I did like having more playable characters then just Sylveon, but I guess it's up to Lat' to make a decision. Though if he's ok with it, I'll help him with the script so a second Pokemon (coming from Lat', not sure it'll be Pika =p) may be available for the v3.

Well the point is not having all the 721 Pokemons playable for this mod, however, another playable Pokemon will maybe make the mod more attracive.

Keep in mind that in this case we would have to totally change the damage hook for this Pokemon as it wouldn't have the same type. (For instance a Nomral Pokemon like uh... Eevee or Bidoof (lol) would be totally unaffected by Giratina's ShadowForce.)
That's the only pain I can see from there, making other Pokemon-specific move is as simple as adding a skin restriction.

Anyway, I'll have to think about the second playable Poke. (Of course not Pikachu... Why is it even Pokemon's mascot? ._.)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that in this case we would have to totally change the damage hook for this Pokemon as it wouldn't have the same type. (For instance a Nomral Pokemon like uh... Eevee or Bidoof (lol) would be totally unaffected by Giratina's ShadowForce.)
It's not a problem, really.
Don't bother about that, I will adapt the script so you don't have to make many damages hooks for handling types.

Also sorry Gemini the Roleplayer, as I expected you won't see your Pikachu in this mod =P

Last edited:
A suggestion... for my own mod?

I have a little suggestion for ... my own mod I guess, but I'd like to know if you guys are fine with it:

Moves would become more powerful with levels. For instance, when you'll learn Moonblast, it will just be a projectile that does nothing other than being useful to take down buzzes (that will be in the second level.), then by leveling up, it starts to become faster and explode if it touches something, until becoming a dangerous rail-nuclear bomb. QuickAttack would do the same thing by becoming faster, however not too faster than the actual one that is totally broken. (Keep pressing SPIN, and jump right after doing the move, then enjoy your free Super Sneaker.)

The good thing with this would be that moves wouln't have to cost more hunger, for instance, if the little dumb projectile that is Moonblast costs 10 hungerpoints, the railnuclearbomb would cost 10 too.

I think the best thing to do is to let you guys suggest the levels were those upgrades would happen.

Sorry life, I had to waste you doing that.

Sylveon is Illuminati confirmed.
Illuminati has 3 sides, what else has a 3 in it?
That's right, Hal- SRB2MD 3.0
SRB2MD 3.0 confirmed.

I think your suggestion sounds good... as long as it won't really get overpowered at all. But I won't really be able to suggest the levels where what happens (because the mod isn't fully done yet).

This was even more fun to play than before.
Decreasing the point limit to reach a level was a good idea and now I finally know what it does. =)
The final boss was fun and very hard, it is still almost impossible because when I try to use moonblast, the game uses it many times, until I have under 30 hp.
Another (bug?) is that if you tackle a red crawla, you'll get also damaged by it if you're not far enough.

The glitch concerning the game endlessly spamming MoonBlast and QuickAttack is known and happened even before the A2.0, concerning the RedCrawlas, you have to attack them correctly, the best way is to jump after damaging them, it helps a lot to avoid being hurt.

The bug with Moon Blast (and Quick Attack ?) spamming will be fixed in less than one hour, I am working on it (This part of the script was not made by me so I have to check how it works first).

Sorry for the delay guys !
But now 2.1 is (not) out !

I fixed what I said but we now have another spam so it'll take some time... There was a huge fuck up somewhere in the current version. I don't know how long it'll take to fix that, I'm not even sure it'll actually be fixed when we happend to release it :/ Though I'm working hard on fixing it.

We're currently testing the supposedly fixed script on Lat's server but the netcode is absolutely awful.
So sorry it might happend that the mod will be disabled for multi :V

A regular evening testing SRB2MD's multiplayer support with LJ.

SneakyMediocreAustralianshelduck.gif

Netcode, this is all your fault!
brb removing COOP from typeoflevel headers.

EDIT: Several synch fails later, the game worked as intended. So we might leave multiplayer.

Last edited:
Lat', why did you remove the ability to play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, and instead make them immobile, and spam the console? WHY!?!?!?

I guess that's nicier than killing the player for changing skin?And the mod wasn't made for STK anyway!

Sorry Lat' is in the arms of Morpheus so he won't answer you for a LOOOOONG while =P
Ah, WHY ? Because... because he wanted only Sylveon to be playable since it is a Pokemon mod ? :3
And, as he is so terrible with Lua, and that I was away when he needed to do it, he did the only thing he could have done with his skill :V

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Ah, nevermind he wasn't sleeping yet.
But, he's still terrible with Lua =o

Last edited:
LJ, we have Skype for that ~

And I'm not the only one who made console floods for this mod. Finally, out of the 721 goddamn Pokemons, you can't blame me for liking Sylveon. :3 It's so fucking adorable, also notice that I prevented myself from making this Sylveon blue.

Anyway. I will work on the move upgrade thingy tomorrow, should be pretty easy to do. It should come tomorrow unless LJ is not happy of what we wasted our time on today. I also plan to host a server soon, maybe tomorrow. Stay tunned in :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back