1.09.4 Save System vs. 2.0.2 Save System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute, cant you still get Emerald Tokens with level select even if you completed the game without all the Chaos Emeralds?

I was referring to how Special Rings in Sonic 3 & Knuckles can't be re-entered if you've touched it and failed a Special Stage, and then reloaded your save file.

It's really easy to just reload a save in this game and just collect the same token again if you keep failing at a particular Special Stage; that's what I did in CEZ1.

Jake said:
I was referring to how Special Rings in Sonic 3 & Knuckles can't be re-entered if you've touched it and failed a Special Stage, and then reloaded your save file.

Actually, they can if you know how soon to reset...

The new system is really better. It only needs some things to be perfect:

* No Save feature
* Give 3 lifes and a credit if you get your final Game Over.
* Remember emeralds and tokens
* A way to earn credits (maybe like old Sonic games)

Oh, and if you have any problem getting the emeralds, wait until you finish the game, replay any zone, find the tokens, and then get the emeralds you need. I usually let the 7th one for when I already can select any level.

Knuckles MetalMind said:
* Give 3 lifes and a credit if you get your final Game Over.

Actually, I don't think gaming over should give you a credit; it should be earned. The three lives I agree with completely.

I don´t care about the credit itself, but the three lives should be done.

It´s annoying to have a saved game at x level with 1 life no credits. It´s better to just start over. I got to Arid Canyon with Sonic with 1 life, and I finally restarted the entire game to be able to finish the level. I don´t think that should happen at all.

I don´t know exactly how would it work, but I´m sure you had three lives in Sonic 3 if you got a final Game Over. Three lives is enough to advance through a level, and I think it´s fair.

Jazz said:
Not to mention you can also just host a private one-person netgame.

This is actually the way my siblings have been playing the game since it was released. While you don't unlock anything and this does make the levels more cheap in the end, it lets them start wherever they please as many times as they like.

The private netgame trick doesn't work. I hosted a private match netgame. Just to get all emeralds and I got several users joining in. O_o

Autosaver said:
The private netgame trick doesn't work. I hosted a private match netgame. Just to get all emeralds and I got several users joining in. O_o

Don't advertise it.

I'm fine with the save system the way it is so far, but I really want it to save after special stages, but not between them. If you earned a Chaos Emerald, I think you earned a save. The time it takes to complete an entire zone is a few minutes longer if you include special stages, and it saves emblems regardless of saving, so I think it'd be fair. Not anywhere near as abusive as the 1.09.4 system, either.

I'm all for keeping SRB2 as close to the Genesis games as possible, but some elements of the games are simply obsolete and take away from the game if you include it. The save system would be one of them, but a (very) minor one.

I just noticed but I totally agree with the above poster. What if I beat the final ss as sonic after ER 1. ANd then I lose all my lives/continues on the final level. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back