Help with FOFs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I've been trying to make and FOF over an FOF, but the sectors keep stitching together into one. How do I make an FOF over another? I've read the wiki on this, but it didn't help me too much.

It's simple!

You have two control sectors for both blocks, right? Just set the tags for the specials to the same number, and tag that number to the sector you want both FOFs in. That should do the trick.

The wiki sometimes overcomplicates things.

Ok, thanks. I'll have to try it out. I think I know what to do now!

This is an example of where just linking to the wiki doesn't help

EDIT: It worked! WOW that was simple. The wiki seemed to explain it all wrong.

Ash said:

Ice said:

Then why don't you guys, y'know, fix it instead of whining about it? If you aren't actively assisting in Wiki's development, you have absolutely no room to complain about anything currently on it. If it's missing or inaccurate, it's your own fault for not making it correctly/accurate.

Dark Warrior said:
Ash said:

Ice said:

Then why don't you guys, y'know, fix it instead of whining about it? If you aren't actively assisting in Wiki's development, you have absolutely no room to complain about anything currently on it. If it's missing or inaccurate, it's your own fault for not making it correctly/accurate.

Well, because we might be busy or something...? Oh yea, the wiki didn't explain it wrong, it just didn't tell me how. Sometimes direct help can be more useful than linking to the wiki, because the users can answer how to do rather simple things that would just take up space in the wiki. Sorry to complain though. I guess I'm whining about how users don't even give an attempt to help and just link to the wiki's main page...

Ice said:
Well, because we might be busy or something...? Oh yea, the wiki didn't explain it wrong, it just didn't tell me how. Sometimes direct help can be more useful than linking to the wiki, because the users can answer how to do rather simple things that would just take up space in the wiki. Sorry to complain though. I guess I'm whining about how users don't even give an attempt to help and just link to the wiki's main page...

Well, what makes you think that the people who do work on it aren't busy themselves? If you're too busy to do it, don't complain about the lack of content, because it just might be that the editors are too busy to get on the one point that you may need help with. And yes, I can easily see how it is annoying that people don't link to relevant pages. I wish it'd stop, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back